Where is Florence

harlank

Hi Folks

I went to the Aerosoft product page intending to download and purchase FlorenceX and it doesnt appear to be available. Are you no longer selling it?

Harlan

Hi Oliver

I am having a problem installing FlorenceX. I downloaded a new installer just in case the one I had was corrupt. What happens is that the installer goes through the installation routine, but never installs the files. At the end it says it is successful, adds the entry to scenery.cfg, but there are no Florence files in my Aerosoft folder. Microsoft C++ 2005 installed.

Harlan

Hi Harlan!

Did I understand that correct, you have an entry in the scenery.cfg, but when you go to Florence in the Sim, there is nothing there?

Otherwise, the files do not have to be necessarily in the aerosoft-folder. Some designers create their own folder. So you may have to look for the files somewhere else in FSX. What does the scenery.cfg say? Under Local you should see the path to the scenery.

Marco

that is correct. The scenery cfg entry is Local=AerosoftFlorenceX which indicates that it should be in the aerosoft folder with the other aerosoft sceneries. But, there is no FlorenceX folder, and no flights. The only thing the installer does is install the scenery cfg entry.

Harlan

• Developer

Hi,

maybe it is a problem with the installshield folders, like at other products (look here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=...t=installshield )

I don't know the product, so I can't say which ID the product has, maybe you find it, otherwise send a email to support@aerosoft.com

Hello Harlan,

As Oliver suggests, un-install the program using the Add/Remove Programs.

Then delete the following folder and then re-install.

C:Program FilesInstallShield Installation Information{E764BA22-C1F3-4770-94E3-FB4948786248}

Follow the instructions on the link Oliver left as this folder is hidden.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

today I have downloaded the demo version, but during the trial time I can only see a part of Florence. I can't see the runway and most of the buildings on the other side of Arno river.

florenceig5.jpg

I don't have Acc pack... well I have it but I have uninstalled it a week ago.

I tried manually to add the area through SETTINGS/SCENERY LIBRARY/ADD AREA/ scenery or texture for that matters, but nothing changed.

Cheers

P.S.: inside Aerosoft folder files are all there.

Hello Manta,

Have you tried an un-install and re-install.

You say you had the Acceleration pack installed and now un-installed it.

Depending on how many add-ons you have I would be inclined to un-install FSX completely and re-install FSX and SP1.

Have you tried an un-install and re-install.

Yes, a few times and nothing gained

You say you had the Acceleration pack installed and now un-installed it.

Depending on how many add-ons you have I would be inclined to un-install FSX completely and re-install FSX and SP1.

Yes, I suppose this is best thing to do.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers

Manta