PC crash in Wonderful Madeira

Philipp

Hi,

I use the Wonderful Madeira scenery for approximately three years and I never had any problems with it.

Six month ago I bought a new flightsim computer, which runs on Windows Vista.

Yesterday I wanted to fly to Madeira on my new computer for the first time. During final approach on RWY 05 the computer crashed and an error message, telling me that FS2004 has to be closed due to problems, appeared.

I tried to find out what causes the problem. So I moved all files ot of the Wonderful Madeira folders as long as the crash was gone. I found out that the file with the name "lpma.bgl" causes the problem. It is the bgl-file which creates the airport. If I move this file out of the Madeira folder all "crash-problems" are gone but the airport too. :wink:

1. I have got no other add-on sceneries installed in the Madeira are. The next sceneries to Madeira are UT Europe and Project Canarias but these sceneries doesn't affect the Madeira area.

2. I tried to install and reinstall the scenery but the problems still remained.

3. I am useing AES. But AES isn't responsible for the problems. I disabled AES and deinstalled it and the problems remained with or without AES.

4. I have got the freeware "Wonderful Madeira Improvement Pack" installed. But this isn't responsible for the crash too. I found it out because I reinstalled the scenery without the improvement pack.

So the problem is in the lpma.bgl.

If I move the lpma.bgl out of the FS folder I have got no problems in Madeira. I can still use all the other scenery enhancement.

I guess that it could be a Vista problem because I never had problems with the Madeira scenery on my old Windows XP flightsim computer.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you very much.

Philipp

• Developer

Hi,

the LPMA.BGL was replaced by AES, so you sould have a LPMA.AES file in your Scenery Folder of Maderia. Can you please try to rename LPMA.AES back to LPMA.BGL to see if your problem is still there?

Hi Oliver,

thanks for your answer.

It isn't a problem of AES. I followed your advise. Later I reinstalled it too, without AES, and the problems where still there.

Regards,

Philipp

• Aerosoft
Seems like nobody can help me with my problem.

I am going to contact PTSIM directly now.

Best regards.

Philipp

It's a new one for us as well, would you be so kind to inform us if you got any response that solved the problem? Of course we have also send out word to the devs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I haven't received an answer from PTSIM until now but I could solve the problem.

It seemed to be a Windows Vista problem.

1. I installed a Windows Vista Memory Patch/Upgrade (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A156E265-40FF-468E-BBA2-3D1E1929C416&displaylang=en)

2. After that I installed the latest BIOS version and some additional ugdates (CPU, new graphic drivers...)

After all that the CTD in Madeira never came back! I can't say which of all these system upgrades solved the problem but after installing them the CTD in Madeira was gone.

I hope this can help somebody who gets the same problems like me.

I got these great hints from some other flight sim users at the FlightXPress froum. Thanks to them!

Best regards.

Philipp