FSX Does not start any more after Installation of VFR GY 1

hvogt

Hi all,

today I installed GY VFR 1. I also installed the required SP1 for FSX. After the installation FSX does not start any more. If I double click the symbol, the startup window appears, then I get an error message from FSINN components and then the whole FSX system disappears.

Any idea what might be the cause of this problem

(The errormessage from FSINN was there before the install, but did not cause the system to not start)

Best regards

Helmut

Hi Shaun,

I am afraid no. I have installed some aircrafts and the FSINN to connect to VATSIM. Is there any "easy" way out? I mean what can I do to fix it. Do you know were such problem is described?

Thanks and best regards

Helmut

Hello Helmut,

Unfortunately the only way to install SP1 correctly and to save any future issues which I found out personally by not doing it correctly myself is to completely un-install all FSX add-ons and un-install FSX, re-install a fresh FSX then SP! followed by any add-ons.

Shortcuts will cause issues I'm afraid to say.

Hi Shaun,

I was afraid of this message although I know it seems the standard way you solve Microsoft product :-(

Thanks very much for your help.!! I will post, once I have fixed it. I need to do some travel, so I will only be able to fix it by end of October. Thanks again and take care

Helmut