DO27 compase area strange display

gwolb

I have had problems with the 5 models with compase and the chart by the compase is getting streaks through it about every second or so. Its more of a cosmetic issue, but bothersome all the same. This seems to be related to the engine vibration messing up the texture. I am running this on the FSX verion.

Hello gwolb,

Can you state which one of the variants you are seeing this on.

Also if you could capture a screen shot of the issue as I don't seem to have seen any other reports of this to my knowledge.

This is happening with all models, but the d-ednw variant.

This is happening with all models, but the d-ednw variant.

As you can see in the image the black one has all kinds of strange lines in it, I have changed the resolution in the configuration tool, reloaded the software, etc... same issue. Besides this small issue I love this plane, everything else is great!!!

Also this happens in cycles, that changes about every second. I have seen similar issues on other planes on dials, but not like this. Normally on dials its around the edges, but not on a surface like this. It goes from normal looking, all black, to the way it looks like in the image. Hope this helps.

I have the same issue and I´m sure it´s a graphicscard / driver issue. I guess You have a Nvidia card. Try to alter Your AA settings and see if it helps.

Wothan

Did that and yes I have a Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb card with the latest drivers for card. If its a card issue, I would think that it would do this on all models, and not just on the 5 variants that have the black label above the compass. I have used all of the AA settings, and it does seem to change somewhat based on the settings but never goes away. I would also think that if it was a graphics card issue, that it would happen on other planes. I have the Beaver X, and Flight 1 ATR 72 500, and have no problems with them.

Then try the default Learjet, pan around in the cockpit, and I think You should find something similar on some of the panels in that aircraft too.

I guess it has something to do with some kind of dynamic shine on those black areas not being rendered correct with Nvidia cards.

I have also seen it in other games.

Wothan

I have reported artifacting / flickering of the compass correction cards as well, and there have been quite a few other comments on a like theme here and there. Perfectly fine in "nine" but hexed in "X"

ATI X1900 xtx on Foxconn AM2 mobo / AMD FX62

Okay, at least Iam not crazy. I know it works fine in the one variant that has the paper type of compass correction card, the D-EDNW version. Has anyone heard of a fix for this issue, or is this something that has to be tolerated. Its not that big of a deal, but gets annoying over time.

Thanks very much!!!

Same issue over here and I use an ATI Radeon X1650 PRO. No matter what I change the problem stays. The background is flickering through the labels. No big deal, as has been said, but it slightly spoils a bit the impression of this superb addon.

If there´s a cure for it I´d be thankfull to know.

Alex

so from what I can see, its not specific to Nvidia and it happening to others as well, but still not being addresses by the devs. Would not even care if it was not in the middle of the screen.

Still have not heard anything back on this issue and even put post on the Developers Forum. Combine this issue with frame rate issue, this little plane was bad purchase, is there any way to get a rufund?

Form the developers forum: Marcel_Felde

Hui Buh

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

Thanks for the message. This bug has been fixed today. There will be an update soon as testing has been finished, that will take some days.

Greetings,

Marcel

• 5 months later...

Ok, some days now turned into nearly half a year. Where is the Patch, Mr. Felde? I'm also having that issue. Maybe it it possible to replace the texture with the one that is working? But generally I have to admit that the Do-27 was the worst purchase for FSX yet. No support at all, lots of issues and selling a 9 for an X. Not sure, if DA has gained a lot of followers here.

I'd wish the DO would have been an Aerosoft inhouse production like the Twin Otter. There are worlds between them as far as support and dedication goes.

Service is something that is really not the strength of DA. In Germany we call that: "Dienstleistungswueste", meaning something like: a desperate lacking of service.

I made the same remarks about flickering, like others too in the DA-forum a long time ago, but there was absolute no reaction on the side of the developer. And that is really a very bad bad habit.

Also I have to admit that the DO-27 in FSX is a framerate-eater. But also no reaction an side of the developer.

If someone makes business, it's also his task to communicate and talk to the customer. If he don't like that, he has to live with the consequences that people are moaning about his product and his service and in the end neglect his product and never ever buy something again from him (although his product is good).

Bernhard

As sad as this is but DA won't get any more business from me. I bought the Do-27 and have learned the lesson. It does not matter how good your product or how high your ambition is as long as you don't have the will to back it up with service.

What saddens me the most is that the DA staff obviously straight out lies to customers. In october 07 a patch for the flickering was already done and only had to be tested for some days. Yet, 5 months later, nothing is downloadable to fix it. And don't tell me they have a "real" life that comes first. I don't care, I'm not a friend of the DA team and I don't want to be, I'm a customer of the Do-27 and as such I'd like to read a reaction and/or statement what the heck is going on here.

It seems that DA has degenerated from a great FS9-developer to an FSX-take-the-money-and-run-team, at least that's how I see it after what has (or better has not) happened to the Do-27. Man am I glad that the Twin Otter is an Aerosoft product, it was/is backed up up by the best service I've seen so far and lots of dedication.