Exactly what does "Flight Operation Center F.O.C."

ArnoldVDH

It would appear it could be something I am interested in, but the product information does not tell me much as I have no idea what ETOPS, STOP and EROPS is.

What are SID-STAR routes?

If somebody could give me some feedback, that would be much appreciated.

My birthday is in just over a month, and I've asked the my wife for some Aerosoft products, and this could be on the list.

Also, could someone please tell me how long international delivery to the UK takes as my wife will know when to order.

Thank you.

ETOPS (Extended-range Twin-engine Operational Performance Standards) is an acronym for an International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) rule permitting twin-engined commercial air transports to fly routes that, at some points, are farther than a distance of 60 minutes flying time from an emergency or diversion airport with one engine inoperative. ETOPS is read (humorously) by employees of the airline industry as Engines Turn or Passengers Swim.

Extended Range Operations (EROPS).

SID (Standard Instrument Departure)

STAR (Standard Terminal Arrival)

I am also thinking to get FOC, another question is does FOC good at fuel planning? I am trying to fly WSSS-KEWR but always run out of fuel. I already made changes in my payload (using FSP). I guess I need another route and good fuel planning.

Have you ever had any real life pilot training?

Its very much against the law to fly further than your plane can go on 3/4 tank of fuel. (Thats a general number but pretty close) If you get busted, you could lose your license or wind up dead.

Maybe you need to learn fuel management while in-flight.

For example, Are you just screaming there full speed or do you throttle back to keep the engines from blowing up and running out of gas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hello all,

being a dispatch program FOC certainly is very good in fuel planning. It comes with quite a few pre-defined aircraft perfoming data but you can also determine and edit the data for your specific aircraft yourself so you can be spot on in fuel management.

I am also thinking to get FOC, another question is does FOC good at fuel planning? I am trying to fly WSSS-KEWR but always run out of fuel. I already made changes in my payload (using FSP). I guess I need another route and good fuel planning.

Hi,

what aircraft are you using? Maybe FSP is right after all :?

However, if you calculate it with FOC you will get what the real plane will require, if it runs out of fuel, it can't be done, if it doesn't, it can. This does sound like a 777 or so route, so if you let me know, I can have a look.

Best regards

Urs

Will it give you the EPR settings for a B727 on a hot day at 25C leaving FAJS (4500')??

That's about what I would like to use it for :P

Hi,

no, FOC does not provide Take Off or Landing performance. For that, you need either the corresponding Boeing Laptop Tool for the exact airplane you use, or the AOM.

Performance records include:

- Basic data

- Time/fuel/distance to climb/descend

- Cruise data

- holding data

- EROPS/ETOPS data where applicable.

All of these are weight related and include corrections for ISA deviations.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Urs