Actual MainPanel Texture

Dear Repainters!

As download you can get here the actual Mainpanel texture (state 6th June 2018), which must be adapted to the aircraft realworld registration code.

This is also needed for the old repaints which are still used externally. Those also had a costum mainpanel texture containing the aicrafts registration,

which became obselete now, due reshading of the cockpit model.

In case you miss to add that texture, there is one fallbacktexture which goes into place then. But that contains only an empty area at the registration placard then.

The texture must be saved as flipped DXT3 to the livery folder.

AIRBUSX_VC_PREPARV4_MAINPANEL_C.7z

22 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

The texture must be saved as flipped DXT to the livery folder.

Hey Stefan,

I was just wondering as to which DTX format to use;

DXT1          RGB   4 bpp | no alpha

DXT1         ARGB   4 bpp | 1 bit alpha

DXT3         ARGB   8 bpp | explicit alpha

DXT5         ARGB   8 bpp | interpolated alpha

DXT5_NM        XY   8 bpp | using DXT5

Why must it be DTX?

I ask because I normally save my DDS files (Aerosoft Airbus and A2A Simulations) in;

8.8.8.8      ARGB  32 bpp | unsigned

By the way, you and the others at Aerosoft rock.:clap_s:

George

Is there any chance we could get a hold of the new kits pre-release with all of the optimizations mentioned below included for people who would like to make new liveries for the A318, 19, 20 and 21 for Prepar3D v4?

On 7.7.2018 at 16:02, geopetlas sagte:

Hey Stefan,

I was just wondering as to which DTX format to use;

DXT1          RGB   4 bpp | no alpha

DXT1         ARGB   4 bpp | 1 bit alpha

DXT3         ARGB   8 bpp | explicit alpha

DXT5         ARGB   8 bpp | interpolated alpha

DXT5_NM        XY   8 bpp | using DXT5

Why must it be DTX?

I ask because I normally save my DDS files (Aerosoft Airbus and A2A Simulations) in;

8.8.8.8      ARGB  32 bpp | unsigned

By the way, you and the others at Aerosoft rock.:clap_s:

George

Oh, there was the "3" missing in my latest post here, it meant DXT3 of course. DXT1 features a lot compression, but that comes with reduced colors and a lot of compression artefacts in images with flatter contrast ranges. DXT5 gets the much better quality but also ontop a full 8bit alpha channel which we dont need with only color textures. So we use DXT3, which is the best choice in my eyes for this kind of texture. "DDS" (DirectDrawSurface) is the file format ending on your hard disc, the interal compression algorithm is the "DXT"-thingie, which comes in different versions to give the chance for an optimal usage in different situations.

• Aerosoft
On 7/7/2018 at 4:13 PM, Max Dyba said:

Is there any chance we could get a hold of the new kits pre-release with all of the optimizations mentioned below included for people who would like to make new liveries for the A318, 19, 20 and 21 for Prepar3D v4?

Sorry, no, we need to focus on the release at this moment.

If anyone who has experience with GIMP knows how to export all visible layers in the finished .PSD (registration in place, correct layers visible) into the correct .dds DXT3 format please let me know. At the moment it's only exporting whichever layer I selected last.

8 hours ago, tlvid said:

If anyone who has experience with GIMP knows how to export all visible layers in the finished .PSD (registration in place, correct layers visible) into the correct .dds DXT3 format please let me know. At the moment it's only exporting whichever layer I selected last.

I think GIMP is similar to Adobe Photoshop: in the layer menu, flatten the image. Then, in edit, flip vertically. Then save as DDS/DXT3.

But many of us are IT ignoramus, and will be more comfortable using supplied texturew with the sim.  Could I urge you, as soon as time becomes available, to correct some of these old textures to fit the new add-on.  Or could we get away with slightly inaccurate panels?  In other words, without your suggested modifications would the textures still work?

1 hour ago, macca22au said:

But many of us are IT ignoramus, and will be more comfortable using supplied texturew with the sim.  Could I urge you, as soon as time becomes available, to correct some of these old textures to fit the new add-on.  Or could we get away with slightly inaccurate panels?  In other words, without your suggested modifications would the textures still work?

You still have to do some modifications to the files in the texture folders in order for them to work. Here's what I did (based on suggestions from the bosses at AeroSoft):

1) There are 3 files you need to either delete or re-name in each texture folder. They are:

a) AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_C;

b) AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_L

c) AS_A319_EXTTAIL_L

See the screenshot of one of my texture folders: (I just rename the files, but you can delete the 3 files. They are not needed.)

Please login to display this image.

2) Download and copy the new panel file shown at point #2 into your texture folder.

AIRBUSX_VC_PREPARV4_MAINPANEL_C.dds

This is an 'unmarked' panel (ei: no aircraft registration/sel-cal code on the panel).

3) Download and copy the 'texture.CFG' file to your texture folder. Allow it to overwrite. Or, re-name the original file and then copy this one. This config file will actually default to an unmarked panel file.

texture.cfg

Of important note: Each texture (99.9% of the time) comes with a file that you need to copy a few lines from into the 'aircraft' file for each texture you want to install.

(Each texture MUST have it's own number in [FLTSIM.X]. They start at 0 and go up from there {ei: [FLTSIM.0], [FLTSIM.1], [FLTSIM.2], etc ......})

Here's what's in my file for the OK-NEO texture:

[FLTSIM.X]
title                            = Airbus A319 Czech Airlines OK-NEO 90 yrs
sim                                = A319
model                    = CSA
panel                            =
sound                            =
texture                          = CSA OK-NEO
kb_checklists                    = AirbusA321_check
kb_reference                     = AirbusA321_ref
atc_id                            = OK-NEO
atc_airline                      = CSA
atc_flight_number              = 1000
ui_manufacturer                 = Airbus
ui_type                    = A319-112 CFM
ui_variation                     = Czech airlines
ui_typerole                      = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby                       = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types               = GATE,RAMP
atc_parking_codes               = CSA
description                = Airbus A318/A319 - A319 CFM / Czech airlines OK-NEO \nwww.aerosoft.com

Once you do a few, it will be easy. It's just remembering all the steps.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions :)

PS: I would be remiss if I didn't thank the people at AeroSoft for this beautiful piece of art. I am anxiously awaiting the A320/A321 and the A330 airplanes. Kudos to you!!! Also a big thanks to all the talented re-painters who share their repaints with all of us for our enjoyment. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

If I am happy to live with a mismatch between panel ID and the aircraft livery and registration, could I avoid making the three panel changes.  That is I would only need to put the texture folder into the correct place and amend the flightsim.x entry in the cfg.? 

5 hours ago, macca22au said:

If I am happy to live with a mismatch between panel ID and the aircraft livery and registration, could I avoid making the three panel changes.  That is I would only need to put the texture folder into the correct place and amend the flightsim.x entry in the cfg.? 

Yes. But, you still have to re-name/delete the 3 files. If you don't, your airplane will have a dark top of the fuselage and dark interior. Also, you need to amend the 'texture.cfg' file in the texture folder.

On 7/18/2018 at 9:43 PM, 53teamk said:

You still have to do some modifications to the files in the texture folders in order for them to work. Here's what I did (based on suggestions from the bosses at AeroSoft):

1) There are 3 files you need to either delete or re-name in each texture folder. They are:

a) AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_C;

b) AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_L

c) AS_A319_EXTTAIL_L

See the screenshot of one of my texture folders: (I just rename the files, but you can delete the 3 files. They are not needed.)

Please login to display this image.

2) Download and copy the new panel file shown at point #2 into your texture folder.

AIRBUSX_VC_PREPARV4_MAINPANEL_C.dds

This is an 'unmarked' panel (ei: no aircraft registration/sel-cal code on the panel).

Thanks for this.

Now, if one wants to add the aircraft registration/sel-cal -- would they make a new layer, then paint/type on the reg code (what font?  Same for all airlines?) -- then flatten / flip / save as dxt3 dds?

Hi Rhett,

Yes, you can add the reg/sel-cal. I would do a separate layer for each. Just because I like to keep thing neat and organized. I use regular font and size it up to make it fit. Then move the layer around to center it on the little plate where the reg goes. Then flatten/flip/save :)

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, MikaV said:

Is there coming instructions & files available this new A320/321 too?

Ok, the same VC -file is working A320/321 too, only texture.cfg must have copy from other proper texture folder.

I have tried everything, and changed the Registration as suggested.

But it won`t change at all, even with only the A321 IAE reg marked.

If I changed for example D-AISP to for example HA-LXJ it doesn`t change.

How to change it, to get it to work as it is supposed to? 

I believed it only needed to change the registration for the and mark the registration changed. and export as DXT3 and it still remains D-AISP...Even if I have changed D-AISP to HA-LXJ..

• 8 months later...

Hello!

I see that there is no font for the registration and the selcal but images of letters instead. However they lack their bounding box so what distance should be used between them? Also it is a nightmare to update my ~250 liveries this way. Even using a font it would take hours, but this method is about 10x-20x times slower so it will probably take me months! Maybe did someone make a proper font instead?

I am trying to port Airbus Extended paints over to the Airbus Pro 321 and 320.

I am seeing AIRBUS_FCUPLASTICKNOBS_C, AIRBUS_FCUPLASTICKNOBS_L, airbus_vc_enviromap (3 files) that are in these now old texture folders.

Do they need to be deleted as well?

• 2 months later...

You can specifically answer the question. How many texture files should there be in the aircraft livery folder, and which ones? Can you put a screenshot of the folder with the correct number and names. Even in the as-supplied livery with the model Aerosoft A320 CFM Professional different number of files. Texture.AIRBFWWBA-16, texture.EJGEZTB-15, texture.NKOELEA-17. Сan be confused Thanks for understanding.

The file is written as:

[fltsim]
spare.1=..\..\ Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Database\Tex_FB_VC
spare.2=..\..\ Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Database\Tex_FB_A320

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, dron960 said:

Вы можете конкретно ответить на вопрос. Сколько текстурных файлов должно быть в папке ливреи самолета, и какие из них? Можете ли вы поместить скриншот папки с правильным номером и именами. Даже в as-поставляемой ливрее с моделью Aerosoft A320 CFM Professional разное количество файлов. Текстура.AIRBFWWBA-16, текстура.EJGEZTB-15, текстура.NKOELEA-17. Можно перепутать. Спасибо за понимание.

Post in english only!

Archived