Airport Bergen XP - Hard to Taxi

34 minutes ago, Marius Zetterberg said:

@FlyAgi your overlay fixed the problem. Thank you so much :D

That's excellent news! Will give it a go myself.

And to make sure I put it in the correct place, should this go before or after the actual scenery in scenery_packs.ini? I guess before...?

3 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

It should be on top of the actual Bergen scenery in the scenery_packs.ini. 

Got it, thanks 👍

And thanks for fixing this issue that has existed for so long!

Tried using the fix provided and indeed the issue has been resolved, awesome!

One question though. Would it be possible that the fix also takes away the effect the elevation has on the aircraft?

Reason for my question is when I was taxiing northbound along taxiway Y, even when there is a clearly visible uphill, the ground speed didn't decrease by a single knot even at idle thrust which felt a bit odd.

• Developer

The fix can't do this, it just sets the surface to asphalt, that's all. The best way would be to get underlaying taxiways for all the custom ground parts and then set them to a roughness about 0.25 (or higher if the ground is intended to be in worse shape) so the ground is not too  'clean', mabe this has an effect on the uphill behaviour. If it has no effect this is simply a physics problem and can't be solved by scenery designers. If the aircraft physiscs don't take the elevation into account (actually I think  they do) there is not so much a scenery designer can do. 

Thanks for confirming and that's what I thought.

Still strange why going uphill didn't slow down my speed. Because I've seen that happen at other airports where the runways and taxiways are elevated.

Oh well, no big deal. At least it's great the actual issue has been fixed and now I'm looking forward to the next overhaul/update of the scenery that was mentioned above.

• Developer

I'm pretty sure with the official update the ground will finally behave as good as possible - and if then the elevation does not affect physics it's more a task for Laminar to solve. The fix is just a workaround and far away from a real solution, this will be better once it gets fixed in the scenery itself.

Archived