Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

The3hadow

Airport Bergen XP - Hard to Taxi

Hello,

it's somehow really hard to taxi at this airport - compared to other airports I need a lot of thrust to get and keep moving. It feels like moving on rough terrain (i.e. no airport pavement). Can anyone look into this please?

Regards,

The3hadow

We had that complaint in another forum as well. Scenerywise everything is correct, the ground polygon materials are correctly set. 

However people often forget that the airport uses a custom mesh which represents the real elevation slope and that's an important factor at Bergen. 

The runway has a higher elevation than the apron and the taxiway elevation is rising to the northwest. 

So it is quite normal to use more thrust than usual to get startet. I have seen full loaded planes using more than 50% thrust when fully loaded to start the initial taxi.

Depending on your aircraft and XP Version there are probably differences. Note that the engine and thrust physics changed and will change in the future as well. Therefore the feeling might vary. 

Thank you for your reply! I directly compared the taxiing with other airports (with the FFA320 and default Cessna on XP11). It's actually not hard to taxi on the runway - I only notice it when exiting the runway to the taxiway (which might be caused by the taxiway slope as you've mentioned). So...if you're saying that in real life they also need a lot of thrust to taxi at that airport then this might actually be correctly modelled!

Well correct or not is not related to the scenery in that case but to the physics of the used aircraft.

There is definitely no chance to change anything in the scenery except of flattening the entire airport which is obviously unrealistic ;)

I see this bug too with the IXEG 733, FF A320 and airfoils labs C172.

The ground resistance seems is very high and I need alot of thrust on the taxiways. Runway is fine.

On 8/1/2018 at 10:47 PM, Tom Stian said:

I see this bug too with the IXEG 733, FF A320 and airfoils labs C172.

The ground resistance seems is very high and I need alot of thrust on the taxiways. Runway is fine.

That's the problem with this scenery, the ground resistance on taxiways and aprons. It is probably defined as grass in WED/X-Plane, and not tarmac, and thus you need a lot of thrust to get any aircraft going.

On 10/2/2018 at 12:28 PM, parsec71 said:

That's the problem with this scenery, the ground resistance on taxiways and aprons. It is probably defined as grass in WED/X-Plane, and not tarmac, and thus you need a lot of thrust to get any aircraft going.

The way I understood one of the posts above from Marten, he said:

On 7/7/2018 at 9:52 AM, Marten said:

Scenerywise everything is correct, the ground polygon materials are correctly set.

This would indicate the issue is not related to the taxiways and aprons being defined as grass rather than tarmac.

I don't own this scenery but I have been thinking of buying it and would be great to know what is causing this taxiing issue. If it indeed is due to the uneven terrain as suggested or something else.

I had this stuck in the mud on all orbx airports in uk, they fixed most off the issues, with a patch. Im pretty sure the same goes on with this scenery.