AirbusX Connect Extended Program Error

Sorry to bother but I have searched to no end to find a solution to my problem. When I try to start the AirbusXConnectExtended.exe I get an error that says,

"The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

Is there anyway to fix this to get the program working. I just purchased this Aircraft last night and the application has not worked since purchase. 

Thank you. 

• Aerosoft

the Side by Side error is one of the worst I know of. It indicates and issue with your operating system. Check google and you will find thousands of tips. However, I have had to reformat a disk twice because that was the only way to solve it.

Good afternoon, Dave. It's FSX Disc Addition with Acceleration Installed. Both Disc Addition. Mathis is correct. Apparently it's a known issue in Windows. I should have checked that first. I found a site that lists 5 steps to do. Luckily I've already done 3 of them, the other two are to delete all of the redistributables and re-install them and/or reset your system. I'm not that keen on reformatting so I'll try the redistributables. 

I reinstalled all of the Microsoft C++ Redistrubatles and SP1 counterparts for 2005, 2008 & 2010 and the Application started right away. I hope this helps anyone that runs into the side-by-side error. Thanks.

Archived