No LOC when selecting NAV source

I am having trouble getting the aircraft to recognize the LOC frequency that I input.

Right now, I input the LOC frequency on the radio panel, fly with FMS1 in the NAV source and wait until I am close to the localizer. Unfortunately, the plane never registers the LOC (by indicating LOC in blue letters beside FMS1). I also cannot switch the NAV source to LOC, and VOR stays yellow. 

On the radio page, there is the auto-tune feature. Am I using it wrong? Right now the word AUTO is blue (and MAN is white). Does that mean it's active? I have also tried switching so AUTO is white (and MAN is blue), and still, no LOC indication or capture. I have the correct frequency tuned and I am at the proper altitude based on the charts for LOC capture.

What am I doing wrong?

• Developer

AUTO means auto-tuning on; MAN means manual tuning on. If you set a frequency on the RADIO page or one of the RTUs, the mode automatically switches from AUTO to MAN.

Can you tell me which ILS at which airport you tried? Also, please tell me if you use a third party add-on scenery for the airport - sometimes scenery developers implement new ILS frequencies and the old ones stop working.

Thanks for the response Hans!

I am using KSEA by Taxi2Gate. It was RWY16L (110.30). 

I didn't word my previous question properly - is AUTO selected when it's blue or when it's white? (In other words, when a word is white does it mean it's currently the active option or the inactive option?)

I am preparing for another flight now to the same airport. I will update the results.

Beautiful - that is helpful.

I was able to capture the LOC on 16L on this most recent flight. I am doing the return shortly to CYVR and I am confident that I should be 2 for 2.

I appreciate the in-depth help and answers. I love the regional jets and short hops and I like this plane.

Thanks again.

Archived