Problems after Update P3Dv4.3

BTenhaaf

[EDIT MOD] This post was merged from another topic into this one. The next post in this topic is the original first post in this topic. This post should be displayed after that...

Hi Pat - had the same problem - and the solution took me some hours. First to see if P3DV4.3 is running, deactivate in your LM-Folders in C:\"(your name) APPDATA\Roaming" and in C:\ProgramData\ follwing items: addon-on.cfg, dll.xml and exe.xml (rename them  - don't delete !!) and then start P3D once more. It is now building new items. And then, you can one by one reactivate  the old items and see, were the mistake is (only on at a time and restart P3D). My finding was in the add-on.cfg in C:\Programdata\LockheedMartin - it seems that LM will not accept double sceneries compared to the add-on.cfg in APPDATA\Roaming. That's how i got P3D running. For editing *.xml- and *.cfg-data I don't use the normal editor but "Notepad++.

Hop that helps a little bit

Hello, everyone,
after updating from P3Dv4.2 to 4.3 I have the following problem.

P3Dv4.3 does not start anymore.
And becomes strange when you look in Task Manager only under "Background processes" and no longer under "Apps".

more precisely, I am running P3Dv4.3 as admin, you see the startup screen and see something loading but it does NOTHING.

Do any of you also have this problem and or know what causes this problem, or even better how to fix it?

Thanks and greetings, Pat.

for me is working great:

what i did is:

1. uninstall client / install client.  

2. uninstall content / install content

3. uninstall scenery / install scenery

In that order. After that, if you can open Prepar3D and you see the options addons, scenery library and more. You have successfully updated. 

vor 46 Minuten, Eduard Gasull sagte:

for me is working great:

what i did is:

1. uninstall client / install client.  

2. uninstall content / install content

3. uninstall scenery / install scenery

In that order. After that, if you can open Prepar3D and you see the options addons, scenery library and more. You have successfully updated.  

Thank you for the tips,
But do I have to reinstall a whole installation as you suggest then not all my AdOns?

- Aircrafts
- AiTraffic
- Scenery's

I would really like to do that !!

• Developer

I would also backup and delete the  dll.xml und exe.xml (if exists) in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder,when there is a  DLL called from a Aircraft (PMDG, FSLabs, FSUIPC or  other Tools), which is not yet compatible to V4.3t, it could freeze the P3D.EXE too.

vor 28 Minuten, OPabst sagte:

I would also backup and delete the  dll.xml und exe.xml (if exists) in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder,when there is a  DLL called from a Aircraft (PMDG, FSLabs, FSUIPC or  other Tools), which is not yet compatible to V4.3t, it could freeze the P3D.EXE too.

Hello Oliver,
Thank you also for the tip, but none of the files in the said folder.
Also, I do not have the FSL A3xx (I'm EUER Airbus customer), this FSL has also led to massive problems for many.

I have never had these problems after a P3D update.

What happens if I also delete the scenery and reinstall?
Are all my Ai-Traffics and AdOns gone ??

Thank you for your help.
Greetings Pat

• Aerosoft

All add-ons that are installed using the new P3D method (as our profesional scenery) are not affected when you re-install the sim.  Everything that uses FSX standards and installs inside the sim will be wrecked. It is still by far the best advise to do a clean start. 

There is one thing you could try first.  In the sim folder is this file:

Please login to display this image.

try running that. It will clear all files generated by the sim (shaders etc), These will all be rebuild on startup.

hello Mathijs,
thanks for the tip ! will try that again. Tried it twice already but can try it again. I'm really at a loss as to why this isn't working anymore.
Can this also be related to an AdOn?

When the simulator was still working, it always showed me that it couldn't find London Heathrow X when it started. But I never had it installed like that.
Maybe I'll try again to see if there is any data from the airport in the folder. Because I have London Heathrow Pro on my computer.

Maybe that's what's causing my problem.

I don't understand why ... the P3Dv4.3 runs only as a background process and not as an app.
once I already did your tip from above and the P3Dv4.3 has reloaded the scenery but only to 96% then it is frozen.
can't that suggest there's something wrong with the scenery?

Best regards and thank you,
pat

I had the same problem and, in my case, it was solved by uninstalling FsLabs A320 and installing the newly updated version. Apologies if this 'cure' has been mentioned elsewhere.

I have 4.2 with acfts (PMDG's 737/777+QW's 787-8/-9+CARENADO & WILCO'S Falcon7X) + sceneries addons (all sceneries from AEROSOFT's) . Will 4.3 change it? Is there something that I need to do before upgrading to 4.3?

Tks

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have nearly all sceneries from Aerosoft released for P3Dv4 and didn't see any incompatibilty with 4.3. As I do not have the aircrafts you metioned you should vist their websites/forum to check for any updates or known issues with 4.3

I can't confirm to use the "delete genereted files" option at all! Only if you have a safe backup of all your valuable addons. It's easy to wreck it but not all of us are content to go without all addons that seem to work properly in 4.2 - even if you use high quality freeware addons (scenery, weather, aircraft etc.)

Mathis, your post to start with a clean 4.3 is fine, but I would recommend to do a back up of all relevant files (scenery.cfg on top). When 4.3 is crashing (or is doing nothing), I would reinstall 4.2 - when it's running fine, I would backup the scenery.cfg and after reinstalling 4.3 (what way ever), I would untick all sceneries - that way, you are much faster to test the appropriate scenery that may occurs a problem....

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, I want to share my observations with v4.3.

1. P3D is currently hanging or crashing when there are issues with the addon paths.
If you have such problems, check if in:
- the scenery.cfg the paths of the addons are correct,
- both add-on.cfg the paths of the addons are correct and
- all add-on.xml the paths are correct.

That includes also the numbering inside these files.
Some addon installer doesn’t handle the register unregistered process well.
In the past there was an error message of P3D „layer XX could not be found, do you want unregister?“, but now the sim just hangs or CTD, depending on where the error with the paths is.

2. There have been also issues with incompatible addons on release of 4.3. But they should now all be updated. So check for current versions:

FSUIPC, WeatherAddon, FSLabs (Bus and Spotlight), FSdreamteam, ORBX, SODE, PMDG, etc....(all addons that use dll or exe)

I did just a client update with all the mentioned tools and a lot addons. No problems. I had later one hanging, because of a wrong entry in scenery.cfg when installing a new addon. Another buddy had hanging/crash with wrong path in an add-on.xml.

vor 9 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Who cares about add-ons if the sim won't start?

Me for sure when a former version runs well again. Wrecked all addons means: "Who cares about a starting sim without your beloved add-ons?" ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mathijs, along with some others, provided the best response to the original question here:

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:11 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

The only way an add-on could cause this is if it would load something when the sim starts. So either a module or a aircraft or scenery. I would simply start with a sim without add-ons and add them one at a time.

GWI-Berlin, since your question about a non-Aerosoft product on a non-support Aerosoft forum wasn't able to be answered, you would be better served by asking about P3Dv4.3 issues in a dedicated LM support forum such as the official LM forum here or the main Avsim P3D forum here.

For others, posts that simply reply with in effect "No problems for me" don't really help the original poster.

• 2 weeks later...

I have literally tried everything and no luck. I've used the "Deleted Generated Files", deleted scenery.cfg, repairing P3D V4.3 from the installer, updated windows, and even tried a new fresh install for P3D V4.3 with no add ons. I have just reinstalled the V4.2 Client and P3D is now working like a charm.

On 7/14/2018 at 2:12 PM, MaMento67 said:

I have literally tried everything and no luck. I've used the "Deleted Generated Files", deleted scenery.cfg, repairing P3D V4.3 from the installer, updated windows, and even tried a new fresh install for P3D V4.3 with no add ons. I have just reinstalled the V4.2 Client and P3D is now working like a charm.

Yes, I had the same issues. I was just about to buy the A318-A321 bundle, but thought I would update P3Dv4.2 to v3 first....It was like P3Dv4.3 was working in the background, as my fans picked up speed, even though, P3D did not show as loaded, nor evident in the task manager, other than in the background. Some times I had to reboot a few times to purge P3D from my startup as when I rebooted, P3D would try and start by itself some times, though, this has happened a few times with v4.2 as well. Updating from 4.0, to 4.1 to 4.2 was no problems....4.3 is another beast it would seem.....

I reverted back to v4.2, and P3Dv4.2 is back to normal.

I live in Brisbane, Australia and my inner city suburb maybe a few years away from NBN(high speed internet) so download speeds can be as low as 200kb...yes, kb....The best I have ever achieved was 2mb late one night. I mention this because I did not want to reload the entire P3D again. I presume "IF" I did this, I would loose all my addon's? and have to start that task again. I am off to the LM forum to see what words of wisdom I can find here. EDIT....They report lots of the same issues..see this link to try and resolve...https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&amp;t=128394

So, Mathijs, looks like I need to resolve v4.3 before I restart my Aerosoft bus adventure.

• Herman locked this topic
  • Deputy Sheriffs

As noted above, this is not the forum space to work out P3D issues. Please follow up with the links I posted above.

Ged, yes, you'll need to have a fully functioning P3Dv4.3 up and running before installing the new Airbus.

This thread is now closed.

Archived