SODE at Aerosoft airports

hipshot845

Hi,

Does anybody know how to make SODE work in Aerosoft airports?

NO problem in Dreamteam or Drzewiecki airports but when SODE is selected in Aerosoft I get no jetways at all at Oslo; no buildings (just flattened outlines) at Trondheim and no jetways at Tromso.

During installation it says that a later version has been found so it won't install its own older version. In each configurator it says SODE folder found.

I already have SODE 1.6.3 installed. Is that the problem for Aerosoft?

Richard

• Deputy Sheriffs

SODE must be implemented by the dev. He chooses whether to use SODE or not. Do you haveinstalled the latest versions of the addons, for Oslo e.g. it is 1.12?

As you didnt tell what sim you are using, hard to tell what going wrong on your side. And when you do not see buildings at all, there is something else wrong with your installation.

Also did you Tromso and Vaernes configure correctly with their config tools?

• Deputy Sheriffs

And let me add one item:

this airports are using each two config tools, where you also have to locate the sode folder. READ the Manual.

This is an example from Bergen:

Please login to display this image.

Hi,

I'm using P3DV4.2. Oslo is 1.12.

All airports configured using config tools.

At Trondheim, buildings return when SODE is switched off. At the others, jetways return when SODE is switched off. Config tools say SODE folder found. Even so I manually browsed the correct path and still no difference.

I understand that there are 2 config tools but that has nothing to do with the "SODE file found" or SODE being switched on or off as that is in only one config tool.

Appreciate your help.

Richard

• Deputy Sheriffs

Strange, maybe your SODE installation is somehow brocken. E.g. thats what I see in Trondheim with SODE active.

Please show us a screenshot of the content in folder C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml

• Developer

Hi, to add to what Otto has said, do you see the SODE entry under add-ons in the P3D menu?

If you see the SODE entry navigate to the simobjects.cfg file located here: "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4"
Open this file with notepad and verify that you have the "Default Misc" entry:

[Entry.X]
Title=Default Misc
Path=SimObjects\Misc
Required=True
Active=True

The entry should be there by default, but the file might have been altered by another add-on. If it's missing add it to the list and replace the X with the appropriate number.

Jo, 

Thanks for the info but everything is there as explained but my version of SODE is 1.6.3.

mopperle,

Here is a screen shot of that SODE folder contents and Trondheim behind it with no buildings but people in mid-air.

Clearer XML contents below that.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have the SODE ENVA folders in P3Dv4\simobjects\misc?

Do you have any other addon in that region with higher priority?

No Norway scenery at all except for FTX Global.

Thanks for your help. I’ll try to find the scenery library when I get a chance to get to my PC again.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Hi, first of all airports should be placed above any FTX entry in the scenery library. This is probably not the cause of the issues you're having but it's going to prevent other issues later on.

You can use the insertion point in your FTX Central to place the FTX entries bellow any add-on airports.

The objects you're missing are controlled by SODE, so since they don't show up it's an indication that something prevents SODE from loading them and the scenery works if you disable the SODE features in the Configuration Tool for Trondheim.

Can you attach the SODE log that's generated after you start a flight at Trondheim? It should give us an indication what's causing this issue.

The SODE log is saved in this folder: "C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\log"

Archived