Better to buy via Simmarket or directly from Aerosoft?

Sylle

Hi guys!

Now that all the problems seem to be solved with Heatjrow 2008, I'd like to purchase this great airport.

As I already have an account at simmarket, I was thinking of buying it there instead of creating a new account here at Aerosoft...

Easier to keep track of all these accounts and passwords :lol:

I do have some questions though...

- Will I be able to register my Heathrow 2008 product here on the aerosoft page to access the product support page?

AND

- Will I be able to apply future patches for this product immediately or will I have to wait for an updated version from simmmarket? Does simmarket always need to update its download or can we apply the aerosoft patches like the users who bought it directly from aerosoft?

Just asking as I don't want to get problems like some PSS users have when they purchased their 777 from just flight instead from PSS directly, only to find they can't update it afterwards with the files from PSS.

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not bashing the PSS product in any way, just writing this here to clarify my question)

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Best regards,

Sylvain

Hello Sylvain,

Only customers who bought Aerosoft download products directly from www.aerosoft.com have access to updates at the FAQs/Updates section.

The only products that can be registered there are boxed products, Aerosoft customers download products are automatically registered.

Simmarket customers have to get updates from there accounts at Simmarket.

Also if purchased at www.aerosoft.com the downloads are available for a lot longer period than at Simmarket.

Thanks Shaun,

you convinced me to buy it directly from the Aerosoft Store :lol:

Already succesfully installed in FS2004 and AES activated... I hope to have some time to do a testflight tonight!

Cheers,

Sylvain

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Sylvain,

Only customers who bought Aerosoft download products directly from www.aerosoft.com have access to updates at the FAQs/Updates section.

The only products that can be registered there are boxed products, Aerosoft customers download products are automatically registered.

Simmarket customers have to get updates from there accounts at Simmarket.

Also if purchased at www.aerosoft.com the downloads are available for a lot longer period than at Simmarket.

That's not entirely true. I have never bought a product directly from Aerosoft, always through simMarket, and yet I have several products registered in Aerosoft's Support Database, download products. I can also download several updates there, as well as entire products, for example the free FSX version of Budapest 2007.

That's not entirely true. I have never bought a product directly from Aerosoft, always through simMarket, and yet I have several products registered in Aerosoft's Support Database, download products. I can also download several updates there, as well as entire products, for example the free FSX version of Budapest 2007.

Hello Mike,

Thats news to me, must find out whats occuring as what I said earlier was the way of things before. But seems different now.

I have also bought all my Aerosoft products from Simmarket, and could register them all here on Aerosoft.com, with no problems at all.

I'm wondering does it really make any difference as far as supporting Aerosoft products whether you buy them from Aerosoft or SimMarket?

I seem to get good service either way.

I believe Simmarket take something like 10% from each sale. Thats why I always buy from Aerosoft where possible, gives that little bit more back to the developer :)

Alex

It happens that most of what I have I also bought directly from the Aerosoft sight, but I will start getting everything from their sight now.

The main thing that I like about SimMarket is that you have a very good record of everything that you bought in one place and can go back and re-dowload it if you need to.

I do think it is important to support your favorite developers any way that you can and Aerosoft is definitely one of my real favorites. If I see their logo on something, I have no doubt it will be a well made product.

I want all of the real good developers to be able to continue making these great sim add-ons. They are what really makes FS immersive for me.

I will be sure to make all my purchases directly from the Aerosoft website in the future since that will help them more.

• Aerosoft
It happens that most of what I have I also bought directly from the Aerosoft sight, but I will start getting everything from their sight now.

The main thing that I like about SimMarket is that you have a very good record of everything that you bought in one place and can go back and re-dowload it if you need to.

I do think it is important to support your favorite developers any way that you can and Aerosoft is definitely one of my real favorites. If I see their logo on something, I have no doubt it will be a well made product.

I want all of the real good developers to be able to continue making these great sim add-ons. They are what really makes FS immersive for me.

I will be sure to make all my purchases directly from the Aerosoft website in the future since that will help them more.

Thanks!

To set the record straight, of course simMarket makes a bit of money if they sell one of our products, but they have to do work for that. Credit card payments, FTP costs, sales support, etc. So we get a bit less, but also have a bit less costs. It does not really matter a lot to us, if you are a customer of simMarket, by all means get your products there. As some will know, there is a very long running relationship between simMarket and Aerosoft. I consider the CEO of simMarket (Miguel Blaufuks) a good friend. We get requests for retail of our download products almost every week, but so far have yet to find a partner like simMarket.

This leads me to another, less positive issue. Lately we see an increase of pirate sites who offer our products. Let it be known that our download products are ONLY available at simMarket and our own shop. If you have ANY doubt about a site that sells our software let me know and we'll assist you.

mathjiskok your very welcome. You do a great job here. Actually in the past, I end up purchasing some from Aerosoft site and some from SimMarket. Sometimes the displays are so attractive on the product here that I just go for it. I'm very impressionable :)

When I look on your front page, I have almost everything there. You need to make more :D

I will take note of what you said and keep my eye open. I ran across a website that was claiming to sell cracks for Ariane planes. I turned it into Ariane. I will definitely do the same for you if I run across it.

I don't want anything interfering with the health of my favorite sim developers at any level.