A320/A321 crashing and flight model

Abdullah Radwan

Hello,

I recently bought A320/A321 from Steam. The aircraft is very good and well modeled, nice job!

But I've got a problem: The aircraft crashes FSX on change from windowed mode to full screen, or change the aircraft (Move from A320 to another), also if aircraft crashed into the ground. I've download the .net fixer but it didn't found any problem.

Also there is a problem in the flight model: I got a left engine failure, when trying to land, I set full flaps, my speed was 120 knots so I set TOGA. Suddenly the plane lost all of it's speed and start turning into the left. I set full rudder right and aileron but no success. The plane finally crash into the ground, then the simulator crashed because the issue.

I've got such problem on E195 from feelThere but I handled it normally and was able to land safely.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please post a detailed error message. If there is no message when FSX crashes, check the Windows Eventviewer -> Windows Logs -> Application for entries at the time of the crash.

Which OS are you using?

What are your hardware specs?

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

Please post a detailed error message. If there is no message when FSX crashes, check the Windows Eventviewer -> Windows Logs -> Application for entries at the time of the crash.

Which OS are you using?

What are your hardware specs?

Sorry, I forget to mention the error message. It's Pure Virtual Function Call Runtime Error. There no error appears in the event viewer. This problem occur only with A320.

Sometimes also it crashed without showing any error message, not a visible message, nor an error message in event viewer.

Specs:

i5-7300HQ

GTX 1050 Ti (Laptop edition)

8 GB RAM

256 GB SSD (FSX)

1 TB HDD (FSX Scenery)

• Deputy Sheriffs

This might also be of interest, as it states that this error also occurs without any addon in FSX and it might be related to missing/outdated Visual C++ redistributables, which can be downloaded here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

It is importatnt that you install all of them and not only the latest VC++ 2017!

I am using Windows 10 April Update (Just updated today).

After installing VC++, all issue fixed but not these:

1- When switching the time from day to night, the simulator crash with following error in event viewer:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: API.DLL, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9ab5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00100043
Faulting process id: 0x25f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d40d821072e2bf
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\API.DLL
Report Id: f004b08b-4e5a-472f-978d-1fd7af2c2de7
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

2- When the airplane crashed (exceed the Vne for example), the simulator crashes without any error message, even in event viewer.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, but especially the first error (switching day/night) got nothing to do with the Aerosoft Bus. You might check the Steam forum to solve this error.

48 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Ok, but especially the first error (switching day/night) got nothing to do with the Aerosoft Bus. You might check the Steam forum to solve this error.

But it never happens with another aircrafts such as E-Jets v2 and default aircraft. Anyway thank you for help. I'll try to load the correct time from beginning.

Today I just minimze the FSX windows by mistake and the simulator crashed... This is really bad issue. I wish if there any fix.

Error from event viewer:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: API.DLL, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9ab5
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00100043
Faulting process id: 0x248c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d40ebc3a4ce8c7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\API.DLL
Report Id: a96182df-75e1-4d4d-875c-b4242cc7564f
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

After disabling sweetFX (I read in AVSIM CTD guide this cause problems with API.DLL), the error occurs with differant message:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x508a5080
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report Id: %13
Faulting package full name: %14
Faulting package-relative application ID: %15

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived