Saving scenario with engines running does not work

OnCourse

Hello,

I am trying to setup P3Dv4 in such a way that I can load a flight with the DHC6, and not have trouble starting the engines. The only way I am currently able to get the engines to start, is if I save a default flight with another model, then reload the DHC6. This needs to be done every time, which is very tedious.

I have gone into the Configuration panel, and made sure that the "Ready to Fly situation" option has a green asterisk next to it. This did not help, even after restarting both the game and computer.

How do I get the DHC6 to start its engines on every game load, without having to load another plane?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you trying to use the Twin Otter as your default aircraft and go directly into a flight? If that's not what you're trying to do, then I simply misunderstood your request.

If that is what you're trying to do, like most if not all complex add-ons, you must have P3D launch into the default selection screen with a default aircraft "spinning." From there, selecting the Twin Otter should result in your scenario starting with the engines running with the menu option you described. Mine's packed away for another month, but my recall is mine starts the scenario with the engine running, as selected by the menu.

18 hours ago, Herman said:

Are you trying to use the Twin Otter as your default aircraft and go directly into a flight?

In this situation, I make sure that the Twin Otter is not the default aircraft. I select it from the scenario window in P3Dv4, and then go into a flight.

18 hours ago, Herman said:

you must have P3D launch into the default selection screen with a default aircraft "spinning."

Hmm, I feel like I had gotten this to work in FSX beforehand, without such an additional step being required. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for your answer on the question.

You could be right on the other. It’s been so long since I played with the FSX version that I couldn’t say for sure. My recall is that getting FSX to go directly into a scenario (bypassing the selection screen) would only work with a default aircraft or maybe with only a dead simple add-on.

I fly on "trips" in different parts of the world,  from one airport to the next, moving along several airports.  When I am at the start point I save the scenario (hit the ; key) and call it "trip". 

I locate that file in ......documents/Prepar3D v4 Files/trip,  and from it create a shortcut on the desktop called "trip".  

When I get to the next airport, I shutdown and save the scenario "trip" overwriting the previous one. Then next time I want to do the  next leg, I double-click "trip" on the desktop and there I am where I left off previously. 

In the case of the Twin Otter, in the Configuration panel, under "default start", I tick "Ready to fly situation" and the aircraft starts up immediately.

Very quick and convenient.; hope this helps.

Nigel 
Vancouver 

Archived