FSX (32bit) - INS Quick Alignment?

mgchristy

Hello,

I have the 32bit version installed with FSX/Acceleration.  Marvelous plane!  Thanks so much for developing the DC-8 for those of us still using the legacy simulator. 

I have one question: an earlier post in this forum referenced the following quick alignment procedure for the INS in P3Dv4.  Does this method apply to the FSX version as well?  I've tried the steps below, but the INS is still taking the normal amount of time to align (generally, 5+ minutes).  Thanks in advance.

• Michael2    194
  • Gliderpiloteloper
  • dev_new.png.34a29f542a34a80ec40237b2ef57
  • 309 posts

Also there is an undocumented (not on purpose!) fast alignment available.  Instead of switching directly to ALIGN, turn the knob to NAV and then to ALIGN.  The alignment will go a lot quicker. 

• Developer

It works in FSX as well. The code is the same and I know it works in FSX because I used it when testing the FSX version right before the release. Five minutes sounds like a fast align.  A realistic align will take longer, although how much longer depends on how low a PI number you go to before switching to NAV.  Time to align is described beginning on page 4 of the INS manual. 

Thanks Michael.  I wasn't sure if 'fast alignment' meant a few seconds or a few minutes - thanks for the clarification.  I know the freeware CIVA has a fast alignment clickspot that will reduce the PI number to 5 in a matter of seconds....so I think that's where my confusion originated. 

Looking forward to the freighters!  Take care.

• 1 year later...

Also there is an undocumented (not on purpose!) fast alignment available.  Instead of switching directly to ALIGN, turn the knob to NAV and then to ALIGN.  The alignment will go a lot quicker.  I perform this tip but the time freezes at 65 as from the attached photo

Please login to display this image.

• 11 months later...

Archived