FS9/FSX to P3Dv4

Sam Arnold

Hi team,

with regard to my previous post:

4 hours ago, Sam Arnold said:

Hi team,

Just downloaded the latest LEBL for FSX P3D, but the install file says it's for P3D v2.
I'm running P3D v4.2, and when I first access the airport in the Sim, I get an immediate CTD before 1% loading.
The only airport I have any success with is LFPO, but even that has bleeding taxiway textures.
EDDM won't even show any runways or taxiways, just the buildings.

All my airports from Flightbeam, FSDreamTeam, Imaginesim, LatinVFR, Tropicalsim, etc work fine! Just these old AS ones don't seem to be very compatible.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

The old LEBL FSX/P3D  is just not compatible with P3Dv4. That’s the reason why there is another product: Barcelona Professional. This is designed for P3Dv4. If you own the old, you can get it for an upgrade price.

So going from the FS9/FSX version to the P3Dv4 version, I basically have to re-purchase the whole scenery for EUR 19.11?
The scenery is basically the same overall design as the FSX version, so why are we having to pay the price all over again, albeit a 30% discount?

Looks like I'll have to do this with all my Aerosoft sceneries, many of which I have only used a couple of times in FSX?

Please give me some insight to this reasoning,

Regards

Samuel.

• Deputy Sheriffs
50 minutes ago, Sam Arnold said:

The scenery is basically the same overall design as the FSX version,

No, You have the very old Barcelona X, which is many years old and has been followed by Barcelona Evolution, which had a lot of improvement compared to the old version.

Now Barcelona Prof. again adds new features which had be done especially for P3Dv4 and the overall scenery has been recompiled for P3Dv4 and therefore runs only und P3Dv4.

So being able to upgrade from a pre-pre Version to the latest product for 19.11 Euro is IMHO a fair price.

And this applies to all products which have been reworked (partially or complete) to be compatible with P3Dv4. Also there are some newer products which only needed a different installer to run under P3Dv4. Simply check your account for new installers. Also you should check this page https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/news/what-s-prepar3d-v4-compatible to see which of your products are being made compatible for P3Dv4 and how the upgrade path looks like.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I see there's a lot more that's gone on behind the scenes than what first meets the eye.

I'm pleased that you were able to explain that to me and show me the upgrade path, as it's a very daunting and convoluted process of switching sims.

Thanks again.

Samuel.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived