• Aerosoft

Almost all systems have been fully rewritten and far more detailed. This will ensure that the indications in the cockpit are always correct and changes happen when they should happen. Work in progress!

Air Conditioning / Pressurisation

• FMGS CABIN DESCENT RATE taken into account (entered in MCDU, preset with -350ft/min) 
  • Cabin descent starts before aircraft reaches TOD if selected CABIN MAX DESCENT RATE should require this 
  • At initiation of takeoff cabin is pressurized to achieve a differential pressure of 0.1 PSI (with a cabin rate of max -328ft/min) 
  • Cabin alt is calculated to reach a differential pressure of 0.1 PSI at touch down 
  • 55sec after touch-down outflow valve is operated to fully open 
  • At take-off the outflow valve is operated to fully closed to build up delta press of 0.1 PSI 
  • Several abort functions for cabin press included in case of rejected take off etc. ..

Auxiliary Power Unit

• Startup time is now accurate (and corrected for external temperature and air pressure)
  • Accurate N and EGT indication in all phases
  • EGT now corrected for external temperature
  • Provided APU BLEED PRESS now accurate due to different loads
  • Cool down phase implemented (depending on former bleed air usage)
  • All APU ECAM indications reworked, e.g. dynamically changing max EGT area
  • Increasing/decreasing APU speed e.g. during engine start, depending on air conditioning demand etc.

BLEED Systems 

• Much more realistic calculations off bleed pressure in different ducts (non linear functions, load depending etc.
  • Logic much more improved during cross bleed, engine start, air conditioning demand etc.

Communications

• VHF1 and VHF2 receiver can now be simultaneously used (while remaining in contact with ATC you can now listen parallel to e.g. ATIS)

Electrical

• Completely reworked BUS system: All electrical user now connected to its according BUSSES 
  • All electrical user now have its own according power consumption 
  • Realistic short power cut out implemented on according BUSSES during power transition between different sources (GEN1, GEN2, APU GEN, EXT PWR), leading to short power loss on specific systems
  • Dynamic battery capacity calculation added, depending on current load
  • Battery charging improved (BCL)
  • GEN and TR loads dynamically calculated according to present BUS loads
  • IDG temp now depending on: Electrical work load of GEN, engine RPM, engine state, outside air temp and air speed. Cooling slowly down to AOT when no longer in use
  • IDG temp rise indication added

Flight Instruments

• ACCU PRESS indication reworked to react faster and needles damped
  • All ECAM pages reworked to have more realistic indications (to match with the according new system logics)

Fuel

• Fuel temperature fully simulated and will slowly adapt to ambient temperature. It even takes the amount of fuel and fuel tank location into account!
  • Fuel temperature now also takes the use of fuel to cool parts of the engines into account.

Hydraulics

• Pressure calculation reworked to be more realistic (non linear functions)
  • PTU reworked (now separated into self test and normal operation, also enabling single engine taxi)
  • Dynamic reservoir quantity indications for all three systems, changing during flight e.g. due to cold soak and different oil capacity. 

Ice & Rain Protection

• Using True Glass we now simulate rain with rain repellent (SP2) and wind shield wipers.

Landing Gear & Brakes

• Full Gear Door synchronisation (planned for SP1)

Oxygen

• The Oxygen mask and it's tests are now included.

Powerplant

• Nearly all engine parameter reworked to be more realistic, for CFM as well as for IAE, for start up, running and shutting down: N1, N2,  EGT, FF, EPR, Oil QT, Oil Press, Oil temp, Vib N1 and N2
  • Ignitors alternating between A and B on consecutive start ups.
  • EGT indication now also takes outside air temperature into account
  • Fan blades free spinning in wind (also rotating backwards in case of tailwind), also airframe wind shadow taken into account
  • Engine ECAM page (CFM and IAE): Engine indications reworked to match realistic limitation markings (partly changing dynamically according to current engine state)
  • FADEC power supply phases implemented

Weather Radar

• The weather radar is optimized bit still works with ALL weather engines (and even without any weather engine) as it reads the data from inside the sim making sure that what you see through the window and what the aircraft experiences is actually really matches the display. It also includes ground returns making navigation using the weather radar possible and simulates fronts that shade other fronts behind it. It remains one of the absolute highlights of the product.
  • PWS knob activated to enable switching on during flight (SOP), according ECAM memos implemented

Transponder 

• New XPDR layout to match more modern version 
  • TCAS now triggering signal for VPilot/VATSIM to squaw mode “C”, also IDENT implemented

• 1 month later...

some Questions :

-What does Rain RPLNT do ?

-Will the Transponder also have the function to delete the squawk so e.g sqwk 1000 will become - - - - and then you can enter a new one ?

-Will the Squawk mode Charlie and Ident thing also work with IVAO in the future ?

- Will it become a feauture to move the VHF frequency numbers in the 5 digit space like 121.030, 121.035 etc. ?

- Does the PWS actually work and does it really show a windshear or is it just there so we have the button simulated?

Thank you in advance for the answers and I wish you a good night..  zzzZZ

Hi Lennart,

- Rain RPLNT is a rain protection function of the aircraft. It sprays a fluid on the windscreen which makes it easier for the rain to run off the screen, thus enabling better vision in rain. I tend to say on most real aircraft it is either not installed or inop ;)
It's just expensive and you have wipers anyway.

- The Transponder is looked into already

- The Squawk Charlie offset is implemented already, however we found an issue with it which is under investigation. Must have slipped in with one of the latest versions before release.

- The 8.33khz spacing is not supported by P3D or any online network. Therefore, for the time being, we have no intention to implement it.
Should P3D support 8.33khz at some point in the future this will of course be changed.

- P3D does not support windshear (at least no realistic windshear, I'm not talking about those windchanges when flying from one "weatherregion" into another), therefore there is nothing there which our radar could detect .Here too, once Lockheed implements it (which is not planned by LM as far as we know at the moment9 we will reconsider this.

Switching the button is SOP though, that's why it's simulated. You could see it another way though: Your WXR has a 100% rate in detection all windshears you get ;)

Vor 1 Stunde, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Hi Lennart,

- Rain RPLNT is a rain protection function of the aircraft. It sprays a fluid on the windscreen which makes it easier for the rain to run off the screen, thus enabling better vision in rain. I tend to say on most real aircraft it is either not installed or inop ;)
It's just expensive and you have wipers anyway.

- The Transponder is looked into already

- The Squawk Charlie offset is implemented already, however we found an issue with it which is under investigation. Must have slipped in with one of the latest versions before release.

- The 8.33khz spacing is not supported by P3D or any online network. Therefore, for the time being, we have no intention to implement it.
Should P3D support 8.33khz at some point in the future this will of course be changed.

- P3D does not support windshear (at least no realistic windshear, I'm not talking about those windchanges when flying from one "weatherregion" into another), therefore there is nothing there which our radar could detect .Here too, once Lockheed implements it (which is not planned by LM as far as we know at the moment9 we will reconsider this.

Switching the button is SOP though, that's why it's simulated. You could see it another way though: Your WXR has a 100% rate in detection all windshears you get ;)

Haha great, thank you !

If I remember correctly the FsLabs has this feauture (8,33khz or similar) doesn't it ?

Do you also plan to build in to receive ATIS off IVAO/Vatsim, like the FSL or QW 787 can do ? That would be probably one of the greatest (if only Datalink clearences worked :( ) things to add ! 

Seeing directly from your MCDU which Runways are open and the ATIS information would make the life so easy ! :D 

vor 44 Minuten, Phil Reynolds sagte:

Similar to the squawk charlie offset, will the squawk ident offset also be coded? I notice there is a clickspot for the button but don't know if it works.

Cheers

Phil

It literally says   "also IDENT implemented" above.

9 hours ago, Lennart1948 said:

If I remember correctly the FsLabs has this feauture (8,33khz or similar) doesn't it ?

Not really, they have a dummy scrolling through the numbers, but they do literally nothing, except from increasing your time to reach the desired frequency.

Looks nice in the first two flights, thereafter it gets incredibly boring to dial through all those frequencies if they do just nothing.

That's actually the same in real life. In flightschool I flew an aircraft where you could change the frequencyrange of the comm's "on the fly". We always set it to 25khz (that was at the time where we only had 8.33 in upper airspace, so the equipment was there in all aircraft, but it was not used where we flew. Pretty much the same as implementing it in FS would be at the moment).

9 hours ago, Lennart1948 said:

As seen at 11:44. That isn‘t 8.33 i think but closer than what we have now. Do you know how that is called, when it goes down by 20?

It's called 8.33, though the frequencies do not always resamble that as sometimes a .005 is missing, etc.
Looks to me like they did some rounding or I-don't-know-what, but it is called 8.33khz.

vor 24 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

It's called 8.33, though the frequencies do not always resamble that as sometimes a .005 is missing, etc.
Looks to me like they did some rounding or I-don't-know-what, but it is called 8.33khz.

Aha so more like a show... 

What about the other 2 questions I had ?  :D Thanks for your answers again

• 1 year later...

Hi 

I would like to ask about CPDLC I can see some option but they are not working. Question is do I need to login somehow or they are just not available for now? new release 13.03. Thank you

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2018 at 12:32 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Ice & Rain Protection

• Using True Glass we now simulate rain with rain repellent (SP2) and wind shield wipers.

I was sure that during the last update that the rain repellent was activated/introduced, but I see with the latest update that this is not the case, button is still inoperative and no repellent is sprayed on the windscreen.

Is this still a feature? or abandoned.

Brian

Archived