Hardware requirements

• Aerosoft
  • Intel Core  i5 Quad Core (i7 recommended) or AMD Ryzen 5 (Ryzen 7 recommended)
  • 8 GB RAM (16 GB recommended)
  • Direct X11 compatible Graphics Card with minimal 3 Gb (6 Gb recommended) GTX 1050 class minimal, GTX 1070 class recommended
  • Lockheed Martin Prepa3D v4.3 (please note not compatible with older versions)
  • Windows 10 64-bit fully updated
  • Control hardware with rudder and throttle channels
  • 1024×768 minimum screen resolution for primary display
  • Adobe Acrobat® Reader 8 minimal to read and print the manual

On 6/13/2018 at 6:56 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Windows 10 64-bit fully updated

:( I'm still running Windows 7 please don't make this only Win10!

• Deputy Sheriffs

With regard to Windows 7, Mathijs wrote this in the Preview forum:

"We can only say we have never tried that.  Keep in mind that Microsoft mainstream support for 7 ended on January 13, 2015, so if we have an issue between the product and the OS Microsoft will not support us in any way. That makes it very hard to guarantee things work. 

So it will probably work but if there are issues that are related to the OS (or runtimes) you are on your own."

This should take you to the relevant page in the Preview Forum, where you'll see a couple of other follow-up comments.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

hope that it is ok to step in into this topic here but i have a hardware-specific question before i can consider to add the airbus to my fleet. Although I am aware of LMs (for P3Dv4) and Aerosofts (for the Airbus Pro) software requirements, i would like to know, if somebody can tell me, wether my System and my P3Dv4 with the following specs will be able to run the new Airbus (A318-330). I do neither use any tweaks to my sim, nor any ORBX products and with my intermed settings, P3Dv4 (with ASP4 and ASCA, PMDGs 737 and 777, addon sceneries for mayor airports, Austria HD Pro) works so far very well. Since I started with P3Dv4 (v4.1), i have updated it via 4.2 to 4.3 with the client method only according to LMs steps without issues.

My System: Win10 64bit with updates, i7 core (3.4GHz), 16Gb ram,  GTX970 graphcis card with 4GB vram, 256GB SSD on which everything is installed,

Hope to receive some clarification and help. have a nice weekend all :-).

I have i5-2400 @3.10GHz O-C@3.4GHz , 16Gb ram , MSI GTX970 gaming 4 Gb ... and it's ok (with some sliders tuned ... not only for AS bus) :)

• Aerosoft
On 7/22/2018 at 9:04 AM, Tobi.E. said:

Hi,

hope that it is ok to step in into this topic here but i have a hardware-specific question before i can consider to add the airbus to my fleet. Although I am aware of LMs (for P3Dv4) and Aerosofts (for the Airbus Pro) software requirements, i would like to know, if somebody can tell me, wether my System and my P3Dv4 with the following specs will be able to run the new Airbus (A318-330). I do neither use any tweaks to my sim, nor any ORBX products and with my intermed settings, P3Dv4 (with ASP4 and ASCA, PMDGs 737 and 777, addon sceneries for mayor airports, Austria HD Pro) works so far very well. Since I started with P3Dv4 (v4.1), i have updated it via 4.2 to 4.3 with the client method only according to LMs steps without issues.

My System: Win10 64bit with updates, i7 core (3.4GHz), 16Gb ram,  GTX970 graphcis card with 4GB vram, 256GB SSD on which everything is installed,

Hope to receive some clarification and help. have a nice weekend all :-).

Mmmmm yes. You will have to be careful not to overload the graphical processes but it should do fine.

Hi both, 

sorry for the delayed answer, but i have decided to add this plane to my fleet. It is a great work and just sitting in the Cockpit and Looking around is a thing one can do! ^_^. I like it. 

Although i have not yet installed the update for ASP4 for P3Dv4.3 (as the current Version is just an Open Beta), i get between 30 and 40 FPS in standard weather. 

Maybe one Question here - i have installed the update 1.0.1.3 yesterday and tried to add an Austrian Livery for the A319 from this Website. It Shows in the selection screen in the sim but as soon as i click it, i am thrown into the start screen. When i select start this flight the flight is loaded with the Y-22 Raptor. So i have uninstalled the livery again for the time. Is this a general issue? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
vor 53 Minuten, zévatech sagte:

But does it work with a joystick?

As long as the joystick got a rudder axis and a throttle axis, Yes.

For example I used for a longtime the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, simple, cheap and it worked.

I use the Xbox one controler in bluetooth and I bought Milviz F4E advance, aérosoft F-14 and the throttle on Xbox one controler doesn't work.

I can't use these aircraft.

I prefer to ask.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 13 Stunden , zévatech sagte:

I use the Xbox one controler in bluetooth and I bought Milviz F4E advance, aérosoft F-14 and the throttle on Xbox one controler doesn't work.

I can't use these aircraft.

I prefer to ask.

the xbox controller is anything else then a good choice. When you go to the homepage of the forum and type "xbox" into the search field, you get several results with hints how to get it working.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm definately interested,

have just upgraded to P3DV4, am currently usung an ASUS G752VW laptop with i7-6700HQ Quad core, 24Gb Ram, Nvidia GTX980M 4Gb video card, I have installed PMDG 737 & 777, QW 787, ORBX scenery and UK2000 scenery and I get between 15-30fps.

Do you think the new airbus will work on this system, its a shame you do not do a demo version so you can try before you buy!

regards, Mark

• 1 month later...

Hello, im interesting in buying the pro versions but not sure about my requirements.

I have I5 7th generation, 8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB and enough space on my SSD drive. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Xenotaff, your rig is under base specs for the Airbus Pro. The complete system requirements for the Airbus are the same as LM states for P3Dv4.3 (the minimum required sim version) and are listed in the first post in this thread. As you can see, your VRAM is 2/3 of the barest minimum, so you'll need your graphics settings really low to avoid going below 17fps. This is important because ANY time your frames drop below 17, the Airbus fly-by-wire system gets out of sync with your inputs and the aircraft becomes virtually unflyable for a few moments until things catch up. That's most likely on final approach and I'm afraid that's what will happen with your low VRAM.

I suggest you try (if you haven't already) running your P3Dv4.3 using the airports and weather you hope to use with the Airbus and watch frame rates closely to see if they stay above, say 20-25 fps. If you can stand those settings and ALWAYS stay something above 20+, your rig might work with the Airbus Pro. Better to test and see than buy and potentially be disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mathijs can you explain what the SSD / HD requirements are :

For example: do I need a primary and secundairy SSD + a HD and if Yes, what size can I start with ?

If you install X-Plane, can you split the install across 2 SSD's ? Is that a plan because you can benefit from the cach from both SSD's ?

Thanks 

Jaap

• 3 months later...

Will the Aerosoft Airbus Professional series run on this PC?

Intel Core i7 (7th Gen) 7500U / 2.7 GHz 3.5GHz

8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon R7 M440

Thank you!

• 6 months later...

Hi, I was wondering if my system could still run the A320. I can get a good 28-30+ fps in the pmdg 737 at orbx mel and higher else where.
My PC specs are:

i3-8100 @ 3.66GHz (4C/4T)
8GB DDR4 2400mhz ram
GTX Windforce 750-ti 2GB

Kind regards,

Nightstrider101

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry to be a pain but do you have any idea how the FPS and performance would be, I'm happy to run the a320 at low settings as long as I can hold about 25-30FPS. Also my 750 ti is set up to share ram and on top of it's 2GB it shares another 4GB with the main system ram. I've never seen higher than like 6GB whilst running P3D and have never had a OOM / VAS error.

Thanks,
Nightstrider101

Archived