P3D v4.2 Crash

Steffen Rabenau

Hi, wenn ich in der DC8 mittels button A die Sichten wechsle, kommt der allseits beliebte Hung Fehler, siehe Bild. Passiert nur bei der DC 8.

Any help?

Neueste Nvidia Treiber sind installiert. Karte ist die 970-er.

Best

Steffen

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

My apologies for answering in English -- I can't write or speak German.

I have the same graphics card and have never seen this problem. I never update my drivers although I think Windows may do it from time to time.  Presently I have Geforce 388.13 WHQL installed.  

No one else has reported a similar problem, so I think it must be something unique to your system.

Hi Michael,

thanks for jumping in here. Sorry that I wrote in german, thought it is the german forum...

So, I have to explore what this is with the crash of P3D. Last time, 20 minutes ago, it crashed the hole computer.

Grrr...

Best

Steff

Double check the power connections on your gfx card.

Monitor your temperature of your card (using a program like GPU-Z, or nvidia's monitoring) while running P3D.   I would do that, and also update to the latest driver.

Are you seeing this many times?   Or just this one time?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mace,

thx for jumping in here. Yes I have it always when I am using the DC8. Curious. No other a/c has this problem..

Using NvidiaInspector for driving the Fan of my GPU. Latest driver for Nvidia is installed..

So. I have no idea..

Best

Steff

• Deputy Sheriffs

I also had this error, but only once. It happened while testing our Airbus, but it is simply not recreatable. After experiencing this error, I spent over 2 hrs of permanently starting and closing P3D with the Airbus without getting back this error.

As this error appears very frequently with other PC games on the market (outside flightsim) it is hard to tell what the root cause might be, maybe a combination of certain variables like DirectX calls, certain graphicard drivers etc. But for the moment impossible to track down.

Thank you all for trying to help. Its always there, only at the DC8 as I said. Also after reinstallation without TrueGlass. So I can not use it, but I am lucky to support Aerosoft for good products anyway..:-)

Since how many years ? Can´t count...

Best

Steff

• Deputy Sheriffs

Steffen, as the installer for Trueglass is extremly basic, you should check the following (even after reinstalkling the DC8 without Trueglass):

- When you load P3D check if there is an entry for Trueglass in the Addons menu in P3D, if so set it to disable; if not the

- check the subfolder "gauges" in P3d for a file "trueglas.dll" and rename it to trueglas.xxx

Check if the error still occurs

Hi, sorry had no time last days for further tests. But I disconnected the second monitor from my system, and look at this: It seems to be the reason ! With only one monitor it works. Seems to be the GPU connected to two screens on my system which leads to the problem.. I have to investigate a bit more, but...

Thank you all for your really kind help so far!

Best

Steff

On 6/12/2018 at 12:46 PM, Mace_RB said:

Double check the power connections on your gfx card.

Steffen -- my original suggestion on June 12 is above.  You could be having hardware failure or insufficient power.

Archived