FMS won't accept location or airport at POS INIT or FPL

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue, too. (FSX, CRJ version 1.2.0.0)

What helps for the moment is to reinitialize the aircraft by loading it again or changing the aircraft state with DAVE several times until it workes. It seems like the coordinates are not getting "executed" whilst entered on the right bottom section of the POS INIT page.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use FSX and am having the same problem. I have installed the 1.2.2.0 update but still wont work for me, I've found that everything on the FMS works fine except when I try to enter the airport codes for the flight plan it stays for a second then disappears.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having I similar problem with fsx:se,    I just bought the Aerosoft CRJ 700/900 and when I go to plug in my flight plan to the FMS, it will let me Initialization the fms but as soon as I plug in my origin it freezes and shuts the simulator down. What is wrong? I tried it a couple of times and it kept doing it. I also notice that it only that it happens only when I update the airrac data. Can you help me?

26 minutes ago, danwrinn said:

I am having I similar problem with fsx:se,    I just bought the Aerosoft CRJ 700/900 and when I go to plug in my flight plan to the FMS, it will let me Initialization the fms but as soon as I plug in my origin it freezes and shuts the simulator down. What is wrong? I tried it a couple of times and it kept doing it. I also notice that it only that it happens only when I update the airrac data. Can you help me?

If it happens after updating the AIRAC data, the new hot fix that just came out should help:

I have the same problem described here. But when I fill in the departure airport nothing happens and then FSX crashes and starts up again. I load FSX with the Aircreation with the motor running. Uninstalling en reinstalling do not solve the problem. I have the CRJ 700/900 some 8 months and it always worked fine up till now.

I didn't see it mentioned in the thread... so one thing  you guys might try is to load a Default (not the F-22) aircraft first, and then change to the CRJ.  Give that a try and see if it helps a bit?

Best wishes.

I reinstalled the CRJ and now I have version 1.2.2.3. I still cannot enter the origin airport although I entered EGCC in POS INIT and gate 28 and set the pos. I figured out that it all went well with the standard database but after updating with Navgraph Datamanger to cycle 1811 the problem started. When I set the origin airport the exec button lights up for a second and then it's over and out. No way to enter a flightplan.

2 hours ago, krielkip said:

I reinstalled the CRJ and now I have version 1.2.2.3. I still cannot enter the origin airport although I entered EGCC in POS INIT and gate 28 and set the pos. I figured out that it all went well with the standard database but after updating with Navgraph Datamanger to cycle 1811 the problem started. When I set the origin airport the exec button lights up for a second and then it's over and out. No way to enter a flightplan.

Would you please double check that the Navigraph files installed to the correct location, and if I remember correctly you have to select Navigraph in the Configurator (I'm on travel, so I dont have access to my sim to check).

On 11/4/2018 at 10:20 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

The solution has been posted several times in this thread alone.... Load a default aircraft first, then the CRJ.

I always load a default aircraft first before any other. After installing version 1.2.0.0 all went well. Installing version 1.2.2.0 i get the chinese characters as mentioned before and still cannot enter the origin airport even with the default Nav database. Installing version 1.2.2.3 makes no difference.

On 11/4/2018 at 9:56 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Would you please double check that the Navigraph files installed to the correct location, and if I remember correctly you have to select Navigraph in the Configurator (I'm on travel, so I dont have access to my sim to check).

The Nav Data are in the file: FSX/Aerosoft/Digital AviationCRJ/NavData. See the cycle info.

cycle_info - Copy.txt

4 minutes ago, krielkip said:

The Nav Data are in the file: FSX/Aerosoft/Digital AviationCRJ/NavData. See the cycle info.

cycle_info - Copy.txt

I can't (won't) open links to outside files... just not a good idea computer security wise, and for that reason I've removed the link.

What's important here is that the files are in the correct location, however I'm not able to confirm that without seeing what the folder contents look like.  Can you take a screen shot and add it using our forum system (see the lower part of a reply/post screen).

Please login to display this image.

Many thanks.

15 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I can't (won't) open links to outside files... just not a good idea computer security wise, and for that reason I've removed the link.

What's important here is that the files are in the correct location, however I'm not able to confirm that without seeing what the folder contents look like.  Can you take a screen shot and add it using our forum system (see the lower part of a reply/post screen).

Many thanks.

Thanks for the info!

The data appears correctly formatted and in the correct location.

I'm going to pass this one to Hans as I have absoltuely no idea what's going on with this.

22 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks for the info!

The data appears correctly formatted and in the correct location.

I'm going to pass this one to Hans as I have absoltuely no idea what's going on with this.

After trying several things out I come to the conclusion that it has nothing to do with the Navigraph update. It is impossible to insert any information in the FMS. For instance the altitude, bagage weight etc. For a second the EXE knob lights up and then de box is empty again. Uninstalling and removing the files left behind and then install again gives the same result. Maybe it has to do with WIN10 although I don't have issues with my other planes. For now i'm quitting with the CRJ and wait for a solution.

1 minute ago, krielkip said:

After trying several things out I come to the conclusion that it has nothing to do with the Navigraph update. It is impossible to insert any information in the FMS. For instance the altitude, bagage weight etc. For a second the EXE knob lights up and then de box is empty again. Uninstalling and removing the files left behind and then install again gives the same result. Maybe it has to do with WIN10 although I don't have issues with my other planes. For now i'm quitting with the CRJ and wait for a solution.

Completely understandable my friend. I'm sure Hans will get to the bottom of this.

Thanks very much for writing back in!

Archived