Transponder vpilot going standby when takeoff CRJ

runjen310

I dont know why this is happening. Just before takeoff I switch the ATC SEL from STBY to 1 and vpilot reacts with mode C. However, when I look at vpilot just after takeoff it has become standby so I have to push Mode C on vpilot to make it active. This does not happen to any other aircraft I have. Does anybody know the reason?

• Developer

I just tested this. The transponder remained in mode C after takeoff. However, I used the CRJ SP1 beta and made a fix to the transponder a few weeks ago. That probably has fixed the issue.

OK, thank you for answering. Is the SP1 beta public available or do I have to wait? I noticed that it changes from mode C to standby at the moment of TOGA on the throttle. 

Well, I suddenly discovered that my VA`s ACARS-software has an option for automaticly changing the transponder-setting during takoff. This option was enabled as default. I guess that is the reason so I just turned it off now and will check on my next flight. Sorry for blaming the CRJ if the ACARS software was causing my trouble.

Archived