SSG Boeing 747-8i Navdata Issue

Hi there,

I have come across an issue when updating to the latest AIRAC cycle (currently 1806 R.1) using the SSG Boeing 747-8i

The outdated data that comes with the plane and goes into the Custom Data works fine, but is listed as 2017, so is 1 year out of date.

I have tried multiple attempts and various methods to try and resolve it but so far have not got to the bottom of it.

I have tried to:

1. Create a UFMC Folder (the same one that comes with NavData Pro) and put it in there, this does not update on the plane and instead gives me a AIRAC XXXX on the FMC.
  2. Place the 3 earth_.dat and the cycle_info.txt files outside of UFMC, this displays compatibility errors when starting XP11.
  3. Overwrite the ones that come from the SSG AIRAC Installer, this displays compatibility errors when starting XP11.
  4. Completely wipe the Custom Data folder and just put in the files required without UFMC, this displays compatibility errors when starting XP11.

If anybody has any ideas I would greatly appreciate your time, I have succesfully updated the FlightFactor Airbus A320 using Navdata and it works like a treat, but this plane I am baffled with.

Please login to display this image.

The plane now uses ssg native nav data only not the ufmc format any longer if you look on the org forums you will see this. Wonder if areosoft will update to this or not?

20 hours ago, moters said:

The plane now uses ssg native nav data only not the ufmc format any longer if you look on the org forums you will see this. Wonder if areosoft will update to this or not?

I got a response using my Support Ticket and it has been handed over to the Aerosoft Developers, so just awaiting word back if it is going to be resolved.

• 2 weeks later...
AIRAC XXXX seems to read data ok but wont display airac version or date. Seen other posts of people with same problem but they used navigraph I like your service better. thanks for responding navigraph versions were fixed by installing ssg native data from what I read.

Will try new data soon gota wait till payday. Kind of frustrating though tried service this month to decide on a year purchase. probley will try one more month then decide.

This is what I get with newest data from areosoft and newest update of ssg747 same problem on ssg e170 wich uses same data set since new update from ssg.

Was hoping for some kind of answer if one is found soon will stay with areosoft purchased 2 Sets in 2 months to see if works OK with ssg works great with all other planes.  Other wise will have to use a diff source.

Archived