Hamburg Profession upgrade service - not so much

Torben Andersen

Back in the good old days I bought the German Airports 3 X - a bundle of EDDW, EDDH and other airports. Even today GA3 X can be bought as a bundle for FSX (and FS9), but you can also buy the individual airports separately as GA3 Hamburg or GA3 Bremen. The price for the bundle is naturally higher than for the individual ones - but this is only to be expected.

What I did not expect was that an upgrade to Hamburg Pro for use with P3Dv4 is ONLY available if you bought the individual airports like GA3 - EDDH, not when you bought GA3X.

Apparently Aerosoft regards the German Airports 3 2012 X (the bundled version) as a different version of German Airports 3 2012 EDDH (or EDDW etc). The result is that a supporter of Aerosoft buying more scenery (EDDH+EDDW+..) in a bundle is worse off, when an upgrade is offered to the customers.

The morale is - do not buy bundled versions. You'll have a hard time figuring out, when an upgrade offer is available to you or not. (or you can try to find an other company offering a better service).

A desillutioned customer - Torben Andersen

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Torben,

this is not so much a question of the bundle but the version you bought initially.

I assume you initially bought the "German Airports 3" bundle. Later on "German Airports 3 - 2012" was released to which you could update.

The now available update offer to "German Airports - Hamburg Professional" is only available to customers who bought "German Airports 3 - 2012". Customers who bought the previous version "German Airports 3" already received an update (to the 2012 version) and are therefore excluded from a second update.

That's the reasoning, not the fact that you bought a bundle instead of single packages.

Thank you for your reply -hopefully it makes sense to somebody. It doesn't to me - I own a legal copy of GA3 2012 EDDH. How much I paid for it and under which circumstances is of little concern to noone. At least for "normal" commodities in "normal" shops when I present them with the item, for which "upgrades" are offered, then I am entitled to the discount simply because I own the product. Somehow I fail to see, why this should be different, when it comes to software. What you actually is telling me is that different owners of Ga3 EDDH have different "value" in your system. I tend to disagree with you.

Regards

Torben

Archived