Connected Flight Deck

• Aerosoft

While our previous Connected Flight Deck (CFD) worked well it had some inherent problems. Most of all because it used a P2P connection where the two systems have to be directly linked. Now this is something that is seriously frowned upon because it is a security risk. That why your OS, your firewall, AV software, routers etc all try to prevent it. So to make it work you need to allow the connection through all these barriers. This is complex stuff and it failed for many users. The new CFD uses a server based system. So when you can read this CFD will work. Without any settings in routers, firewalls etc. 

Another huge advantage is that we are not limited to 2 connected people. Next to the PF and PM we can have as many Observers following the flight. It's like a twitch stream, but instead of watching a video you will be in your sim, able to look around and even interact with the systems (when the captain allows that). If you like it the complete flight can be recorded and played back.

We'll show the interface soon. Please note CFD will be delivered after release as we need the base aircraft to be very stable.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 4Gamers said:

Will the GSX be synchronised?

@Mathijs Kok

This (GSX) has nothing to do with our software, and it is not presently possible to synchronize it.  As it works, only the Host is able to use the tug for pushback, thus only the host of the session will see that.  It is possible for the client to call other ground support vehicles.

Best wishes.

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

This (GSX) has nothing to do with our software, and it is not presently possible to synchronize it.  As it works, only the Host is able to use the tug for pushback, thus only the host of the session will see that.  It is possible for the client to call other ground support vehicles.

Best wishes.

Ok. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope you prioritise CFD over other things and release it before SP1. I didn't see this thread previously and was waiting for the Airbus eagerly only to see that I have to wait 2 more months for the sole feature that I want to get this product over competitors.

• Aerosoft

I do not think there is any Airbus that offers something like Connected Flight Deck sir. The reason we need some time for this is simple. As it needs to send out a lot of variables we need to be sure that we know exactly what variables. As long as there is still some work going on it would be not a good idea to release this now.

Archived