Multi Crew Experience

triflyman

• Developer

I don't have MCE and have never used it, so I am not sure how to assist with this.  I know one of the beta testers was using it so maybe he could help if he sees the post.

5 hours ago, Michael2 said:

I don't have MCE and have never used it, so I am not sure how to assist with this.  I know one of the beta testers was using it so maybe he could help if he sees the post.

That was me.  Since MCE worked in the beta I thought you might know of something that had changed.  I have contacted MCE support to see if they can help.

Would like to know if anyone else is successful (or not) using MCE with the 8.

Thanks,

• Developer

There were some changes in the aircraft.cfg -- I think it was missing some or all of the the general section during the beta.  Maybe that's related? 

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It is indeed better if you talk to MCE support as we have no idea what that tool is looking for. We install the product 100% like Lockheed wants it to be.

With MCE's help found the issue...Needed:

• reference to the aircraft install location in the P3D "add-ons.cfg" file
  • a DC-8_50_ref.cfg file in the MCE reference folder...I've attached the file MCE sent me
    • This file would need to be placed in the "C:/Program Files (x86)/Multi Crew Experience/Reference" folder.

Would suggest you reference the above in your installer instructions for 3rd party add-ons functionality for the aircraft.

Hope that helps.

DC-8_50_ref.txt

Archived