Flight Plan Verification

I am new to the CRJ and am still learning its basic operations. In my PMDG 737 there is a "step" feature in the MFD that allows you to go thru each waypoint individually to confirm that the flight plan does not contain any unusual waypoints. I have not been able to find a similar feature in the CRJ. The tutorial tells you to switch to Plan mode and cycle thru the display ranges to make sure the route remains constant. But this doesn't work because at the higher display range all the waypoints are jumbled together and it is hard to tell if they are consistent.  On couple of recent flights I discovered when approaching the airport  that the Star I selected had added waypoints that made landiing following the plan impossible and I had to go round. I admit that I do not yet fully understand Sids and Stars and the problem may be own cause.  I have tried inputting the Star waypoints into Plan G3 but not all of them are available in Plan G3 so that is not a good solution.

Any suggestions on how to verify the flightplan would be appreciated.

Martin

Thank you for your prompt response, and I really appreciate your help. Could you please give me a bit more direction  While in the ACT LEGS page, the arrow keys move the views around with num lock on, and control the yoke with num lock off. The arrow keys at the left of the number panel control the yoke only.  I dont have an MFD ADV page - I have TCAS, PLAN, MAP and NAV pages only.

Martin

Hans,  it just occurred to me that the arrow keys you are referring to are the ones on the MCDU not the keyboard. OK, it works for me in MFD Plan mode. I still do not have MFD ADV mode and if this is something my aircraft should have, please let me know. Otherwise my problem is solved. Thanks again.

Martin

Archived