LHR T5 docking

BBriscoe

Trying to park at the new terminal 5, there does not appear to be a docking system to allow you to park correctly?

I can't believe the high tech T5 won't have a decent stand guidance system?

Ben

• Developer

In the official CAD data T5 uses some stands that only have AGNIS Systems. (Main Stands use SAFEDOCK) Also my pictures I took showed this. We have to wait until it´s really inaugurated to see if it will be kept like this or if it will be changed. If changed we´ll change it too, of course.

Thorsten

• Developer

AGNIS is the docking system showing the red/green light when you are beside the parking line. Move towards the green light when parking. But it does not giv you a STOP signal. SAFEDOCK is a advanced System to guide you Left/Right and STOP. In heathrow the docking systems are allways marked at the stands with orange plates showing a text which Docking is present. In most Cases a AGNIS System is used in combination with a PAPA system (the black ones having a white neon light that shows you when you have to stop). Alos you can find APIS Systems that work similiar to SAFEGATE but use a different graphical interface.

We have implemented ALL Docking Systems in this add on which are used in the real Heathrow.