Triple Post-US Cities-Niagara and Buffalo sans 3D buildings

ibelarry

I am not sure Aerosoft wants to provide support through their forums when someone responds under a fairly similar topic/issue with the same scenery and then decides to post it where it might be noticed as a fairly significant issue regarding one of their sceneries.  In this case it was closed immediately as a double post.  No response such as this is an issue that requires looking into thanks for alerting us. So here it  is again hoping for a more thoughtful and appropriate response.

"Hi!"

"Just updated US Cities Niagara Falls to version 1.03 from SimMarket.  Running P3Dv4.2.  Install went fine. Activated Dense 3D buildings. No error on activator/configurator. Confirmed the choice. However none of the buildings show up in either Buffalo or Niagara.  Did not have this issue with any of the previous versions even using both P3Dv4, 4.1 or 4.2.  Latest verison seems to be defective or SimMarket has a bad download version. Even tried downloading it twice.  Thanks!"

• Aerosoft

I not sure I understand. You write: "Running P3Dv4.2." but further on you write :Did not have this issue with any of the previous versions even using both P3Dv4, 4.1 or 4.2" 

So it did work fine on your system but stopped working or did it cause the problem after you re-installed it/

Thank you Mathijis for your response.  Previous versions of the US Cities Niagara and Buffalo displayed fine on all versions of P3Dv4 including 4.2.  However, I was alerted by SimMarket that there was a new version 1.03 which was enhanced for P3Dv4.2 which I downloaded and installed.  Activated Dense 3D buildings. No error on activator/configurator. Confirmed dense 3d buildings. Unfortunately none of the 3d buildings for either Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Ontario and Niagara Falls, New York displayed,  Just a flat photoreal image of where the cities should have been. 

Hi!

Can you find four files named Buffalo_3D_Collected_Normal.bgl, Buffalo_3D_Collected_VeryDense.bgl, Niagara_3D_Collected_Normal.bgl and Niagara_3D_Collected_VeryDense.bgl in the following folder?:
[YourFlightSimulatorDirectory]\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-NiagaraFallsBuffalo\scenery\

Note that their extension needs to be BGL. If any of them are called BLOB, the activation didn't go trough.

If they are there, ensure that in the simulator display settings the scenery density slider is set for "Very Dense" or higher.

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha!

Thank you for your reply.  Yes I had already checked that.  In the previous versions of the scenery you never had to set the simulator display to very dense to get the more 3d buildings to show up that was initiated by the US Cities scenery.  Just in case I tried your suggestion and moved the display settings to very dense...unfortunately no joy.  Will go back to the previous version which I backed up which seemed to work perfectly fine.

Heads up Limesim!  Ok I figured it out.  The problem is the developers have accidently reversed the density files in the latest version.  Normal is Very Dense and Very Dense is Normal.  The file sizes were an indication as they did not make sense.  So I set it to normal and all of the 3D buildings showed up! By the way despite this glitch.  I have all your US Cities sceneries and love them.  I only wish they had night-lighting.  I would be willing to pay an upgrade fee if you added night-lighting.  I wish the series would have continued and you did Europe as well. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for reporting your finding, ibelarry.

As for the night lighting question, that's a conscious design consideration for all the US Cities line. They're all designed to be a low-cost day VFR scenery. Whether it's night lighting or seasons (both requested in the past for various titles in the series), any of them would add cost and size to the product.

Archived