Extreme Bandwidth Usage

Hello,

A couple of days ago, I unexpectedly got a notification for my ISP that I was running up to my bandwidth limit. (Yes, we still have those in Belgium, unless you opt for a ridiculously expensive plan.)
I've done some downloads this month, but nothing spectacular, certainly not something to blow through my limit.

Today, halfway through a flight, I got the notice that I've used 100%, and would be on limited speed until the reset.

As I've downloaded or streamed NOTHING in the mean time, I really wanted to find out what happened to my bandwidth.

Turns out, it's PFPX. I usually leave it open during my flight, something I'm now very much regretting.

According to the built-in monitoring tool in Windows 10,

PFPX has used almost 76GB in the last 30 days!! What the hell?

What for? Why? Why now?

Now I know PFPX uses the internet to check for updates, and download weather and tracks. But that doesn't justify this gigantic usage.

For contrast, Active Sky has used 550MB in the same period.

For reference:

I'm using Windows 10 (fully updated)

PFPX is version 1.28.9i

I expect the problem to be related to that hotfix, as I only downloaded that about a month ago. Looking back at my internet usage history, that would be about the time the problem began.

I ran 2 virus/malware scans a couple of days ago (Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Free). Both came back clean.

Archived