PFPX adding own directs causes crash

hello all, unfortunately PFPX is missing like 95% of all DCT and especially NTFSR in Europe, so I need to add the most important ones on my own. However, doing this will cause PFPX either to crash when i force it to plan via the NTFSR or it'll just ignore the Route and say there's no route via the Waypoints that i want

PFPX to plan via. Here's my example:

A flight from The Canaries to northern Europe (eg Sweden, norway etc) which will enter the french airspace at 22:00 UTC can use the NTFSR DELOG DCT TIRAV DCT GONEK DCT TABOV which has a range of FL305 to FL500 and is valid from 22 to 05 UTC. So i add the directs DELOG DCT TIRAV; TIRAV DCT GONEK; GONEK DCT TABOV manually and so far, everything works. The dct routes show up on PFPX.

Now I add the Route Restrictions to tell PFPX that i may only use this NTFSR when being over FL305 and below 500, this works aswell. But when i now try to generate a route from GC** to EN** or ES** via DELOG; TIRAV and GONEK, it either crashes sometimes or it doesnt give me any route and stops searching.

So my question is, how can i fix this or is this actually normal?

I added a picture of the proposed route which is not the NTFSR obviously but an unflyable route

and a photo of the route restricitons that ive added manually too

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

10 hours ago, wichser said:

Hi, I use 1.28.8

1.28.9i is the current hotfix release posted above.

Aside from your entering directs crashing PFPX have you added Dave's RAD restrictions and directs files available from the download section here that will add the majority of Europe's FRA

vor 1 hour , srcooke sagte:

1.28.9i is the current hotfix release posted above.

Aside from your entering directs crashing PFPX have you added Dave's RAD restrictions and directs files available from the download section here that will add the majority of Europe's FRA

Alright, ill try to use 1.28.9i 

And yes, i always update my RAD database but there is missing all NTFSR and some DCTs in Europe anyway. Also, very complex restrictions are not included, but i guess thats because of the limitations of PFPX 

On 23.5.2018 at 21:14, wichser sagte:

anyone else got a clue on how to fix this?

Hi,

what's your departure time?

It looks like PFPX is using this time throughout the entire route, that's being generated. Thus you won't get the shortest night route, if your departure time is prior the time the directs are available.

Just tested it myself with GCTS -> EDDL and two different departure times:

2059z - VASTO UN858 SULAM DCT BAROK DCT BARDI UN873 DESAB UN867 MOKOR UN873 OBATO UM163 CTL UZ706 NVO T857 BIKMU

2100z - VASTO UN858 SULAM DCT BAROK DCT BARDI UN873 DELOG DCT TIRAV DCT GONEK DCT TABOV UM163 CTL UZ706 NVO T857 BIKMU

Site note: I've just added those three night directs for testing. These are not included in the RAD Restrictions update 1806

Also in the screenshot of the RAD.dat in your initial post the times availability for those directs is set for winter time. You have to keep this in mind, when choosing a departure time during summer time.

When you plan a flight e.g. SBGL -> EDDF with departure time 22:30z, PFPX could generate a route with those directs. Whereas when you actually pass DELOG, those directs would be inactive already.

That's why it's not so easy to implement night directs and have still a high percentage of valid routes, generated by PFPX. It's possible, sure, but very time consuming then.

Regards

David

vor 5 Stunden , Sharky sagte:

Hi,

what's your departure time?

It looks like PFPX is using this time throughout the entire route, that's being generated. Thus you won't get the shortest night route, if your departure time is prior the time the directs are available.

Just tested it myself with GCTS -> EDDL and two different departure times:

2059z - VASTO UN858 SULAM DCT BAROK DCT BARDI UN873 DESAB UN867 MOKOR UN873 OBATO UM163 CTL UZ706 NVO T857 BIKMU

2100z - VASTO UN858 SULAM DCT BAROK DCT BARDI UN873 DELOG DCT TIRAV DCT GONEK DCT TABOV UM163 CTL UZ706 NVO T857 BIKMU

Site note: I've just added those three night directs for testing. These are not included in the RAD Restrictions update 1806

Also in the screenshot of the RAD.dat in your initial post the times availability for those directs is set for winter time. You have to keep this in mind, when choosing a departure time during summer time.

When you plan a flight e.g. SBGL -> EDDF with departure time 22:30z, PFPX could generate a route with those directs. Whereas when you actually pass DELOG, those directs would be inactive already.

That's why it's not so easy to implement night directs and have still a high percentage of valid routes, generated by PFPX. It's possible, sure, but very time consuming then.

Regards

David

ive set my ETD to 22 UTC but still didnt work. anyway, i never fly at night, so i actually dont need NTFSR.

Archived