Heathrow 2008 and g3d.dll

Rafal Haczek

so let me report:

after 2 mishaps to approach to EGLL Rwy 27L (running out of virtual memory - only on this new airport).

now the third time i disabled UK2000's EGKK & EGSS and all worked fine!

no error caused by AFD or other things!

all is om delivery-status without any patch installed!

but i'll stay at this status! can't be tue i had to disable two other London airports to approach on Heathrow!

Hm, it happened to me too on one (and only one) occasion. Was flying FT A-320 and some 10nm from EGLL I got the OOM error. My virtual memory was at 1.05Gb at that time.

Later I flew into EGLL again with the PMDG B744 and although virtual memory was at 1.15Gb, I landed successfully, parked the aircraft and shut everything down. Curious...

I have 2Gb of memory and a 256Mb GeForce 7800 GTX, btw.

Regards,

Jure

now the third time i disabled UK2000's EGLL & EGSS and all worked fine!

!

I hope you mean EGKK and EGSS. If you had EGLL UK2000 scenery installed and active then i'm not surprised you had a CTD..

Keith

• Developer

hello tripleseven,

not quite sure if I understand it right: You had to disable EGLL from UK2000? It´s the same airport! If so it´s 100% OK to disable it.

But maybe you meant EGKK (Gatwick)? Should be no problem

to keep it enabled.

Please try new V1.1 when it´s out. Check your account to see if it´s online as I don´t have access to the aerosoft shop server :-)

Thorsten

hello tripleseven,

not quite sure if I understand it right: You had to disable EGLL from UK2000? It´s the same airport! If so it´s 100% OK to disable it.

But maybe you meant EGKK (Gatwick)? Should be no problem

to keep it enabled.

Please try new V1.1 when it´s out. Check your account to see if it´s online as I don´t have access to the aerosoft shop server :-)

Thorsten

hi Throsten!

of course i meant Gatwick EGKK. :oops:

the only way at the moment for me to get no OOM-error ist to disable the other London airports.

i'm looking forward for V1.1! - at the moment there is nothing on the update-pages.

is the v1.1 the same as the 'unoffical-patch'?

I think "Cpt-Nico" just meant that it'd be good to be able to get the new bgls & bmps that Thorsten is going to make available later today as a small zip file, which would add+overwrite existing files, rather than have to download and reinstall a whole EGLL v1.1. Perhaps that is what T. intends to do in any case.

M. :)

yeah :D

UK2000 EGKK - I have it installed all the time.

First I supposed it might be the reason, but after testing Thorsten's patch 2 it appeared to be harmless.

So, fortunately, no need to uninstall this also very nice scenery.

Best regards,

Rafal

• Developer

More infos about Version 1.1.

BUT I DONT KNOW IF THEY HAVE PUT IT ONTO THEIR SERVER SO FAR

http://www.sim-wings.de/Heathrow_FAQ.htm

maybe someone can check it. Simply download the LondonHeathrow2008.exe at the same place where you got the first version. But verify first that the new exe (same name as V1.0 but has only 60 MB instead of 148) If 60MB: download it as it´s version 1.1. But anyway I think that they have altered the text at the shop page to show you that it is V1.1?

Thorsten

• Developer

Yes, seems like V1.1

When executing the *.exe file you can see V1.10 at the upper right corner.

just to point it out again: We did not make a patch, we made a new Full Version! Please deinstall V1.0 prior to installation of V1.1

There were simply too many changes and a patch would not have been very much smaller in size than a full version.

True, it's drizzling at 15.5KB/S for me.... :(

About time to prepare charts and make a mug of coffee for tonight's flight to Heathrow.

I'm glad it is still a lighter version now. And my old PC is even more happy about it.

Perfect landings to everybody and let your lives be free of g3d.dlls!

Best regards,

Rafal

I think "Cpt-Nico" just meant that it'd be good to be able to get the new bgls & bmps that Thorsten is going to make available later today as a small zip file, which would add+overwrite existing files, rather than have to download and reinstall a whole EGLL v1.1. Perhaps that is what T. intends to do in any case.

M. :)

@Autopiloth

could you do that for us? or is there no other way without loading the 55mb ?

Hi Rafal,

please check the size of the file you downloaded. Is it 55.3MB? If not, the download is corrupted and you have to download again.

If possible, use a download-manager as said before - those programs are able to resume downloads that got interrupted.

Unfortunately, after downloading I wasn't able to unzip the file.

It says the file is damaged.

Can anyone confirm the same situation?

Or maybe I was just unlucky and have to try again?

Best regards,

Rafal

Same for me :-(

I have had two downloads both corrupted and around 19mb.

Have looked forward to having a good EGLL for months but starting to wish I had never purchased this scenery, but will have one more try

John