Heathrow 2008 and g3d.dll

Rafal Haczek

• Developer

Hello all,

good news. Seems that we got the solution. Keep the AFCAd that came with the original installer and use the patch2. Of course we´ll now make an official update to V 1.1

Anyway testing here goes on until I can also get this error on any of my systems.

About the stuttering and loading reports.: This is 99% caused by the HighRes textures. I think that we have to reduce them a little bit as well.

260 MB of texture seems to bee toooooo much for graphic cards below 500 MB and very fast Hard Disk´s. It was meant as a feature, but it becomes to be a problem since all the PC´s around are to different to "go to the limit" of FS9. :oops:

Why CTD is gone now, and why did a lot of customer never get an CTD at all: :?:

As explained before I changed some BGL files that were "tweaked" to show a smaller "Autogen-exclude area". But it seems that this will cause a problem as it gives a too large BGL Area for the files that were altered.

Now I removed the tweak and made the files "quite normal". Also I changed the exclude (one file formerly) to seperate files each containing just one squared exclude area.

Possibly there was an interference with other addons (Aircrafts/sceneries/weather) or memory/graphic driver/FS9 Display adjustment. To say it 100% precise I must get the same error on one of my machines. So far I tested it on 4 PC´s without an error. But today testing continues with a fifth one.

• Developer

Hello all,

good news. Seems that we got the solution. Keep the AFCAd that came with the original installer and use the patch2. Of course we´ll now make an official update to V 1.1

Anyway testing here goes on until I can also get this error on any of my systems.

About the stuttering and loading reports.: This is 99% caused by the HighRes textures. I think that we have to reduce them a little bit as well.

260 MB of texture seems to bee toooooo much for graphic cards below 500 MB and very fast Hard Disk´s. It was meant as a feature, but it becomes to be a problem since all the PC´s around are to different to "go to the limit" of FS9. :oops:

Why CTD is gone now, and why did a lot of customer never get an CTD at all: :?:

As explained before I changed some BGL files that were "tweaked" to show a smaller "Autogen-exclude area". But it seems that this will cause a problem as it gives a too large BGL Area for the files that were altered.

Now I removed the tweak and made the files "quite normal". Also I changed the exclude (one file formerly) to seperate files each containing just one squared exclude area.

Possibly there was an interference with other addons (Aircrafts/sceneries/weather) or memory/graphic driver/FS9 Display adjustment. To say it 100% precise I must get the same error on one of my machines. So far I tested it on 4 PC´s without an error. But today testing continues with a fifth one.

Good news from you, Thorsten, and good news from me.

Thanks to your patch 2 (and the initial AFCAD) I have made a successful flight again!

This time a full-time flight from Warsaw to London (LOT281) with a 737-400 (50N/FeelThere merge).

No problems while approaching 27R.

Well, frame rates did drop while over London and on approach but it is normal.

London is a mega hub, I've got a lot of AI when I fly offline, there were clouds and my PC awaits retirement. :wink:

Thanks for your time and effort, Thorsten.

Full professionalism, isn't it.

Best regards,

Rafal

• Developer

Hello,

there will be a complete new full version available at your aerosoft shop

or simmarket account tomorrow. (Don´t worry, file size is smaller)Therfore I removed the testfiles I posted prior in the forum from my server, that it wont get mixed up later.

Will soon post what is changed in London Heathrow V1.1, but should

also provide a smoother approach (some users complained about stutters).

Thorsten

Hello,

or simmarket account tomorrow. (Don´t worry, file size is smaller)Therfore I removed the testfiles I posted prior in the forum from my server, that it wont get mixed up later.

Thorsten

Thanks Thorsten for a beautiful scenery and great support :D

As for performance on my highend system with raptor WD 10000 rpm I use The normal textures which have great FPS and quality :D

Using patch 2 + default simwings afcad :D

When i click on the link for patch 2 it gives me an error and a statement that the page cant be found (in german)

Is the link down?

regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Check two post above yours and you have your answer :

Hello,

Thorsten

Thank you all for your work on the update.

I had my first experience of the stutters today, oddly mine occured the minute I flared the aircraft (PSS777/Meljet merge) on 27R.

Had a few trials after and it does seem to also have a problem if you use the alt key. -Everything appears to try and reload then ta-dah please tell microsoft about this problem comes up.

Other than that, a great product and I am looking forward to the update.

It is also nice to see a support team who seem to care about what they do, it makes a refreshing change.

Regards :)

Will soon post what is changed in London Heathrow V1.1, but should also provide a smoother approach (some users complained about stutters).

Hi

Can you also post the final update as a zip file but only with the modified bgl files, like you posted some lines before, so that we can see and test what has been changed? As well as the final answer for the stutters? I will try patch2 today to see what happens.

Tks

harpsi

• Developer

Tomorrow (september 18th) about midday to afternoon we´ll offer a complete new download of Heathrow 2008 V1.1.

To answer the questions: Yes, it contains the files of testpatch2, but also some new texture files to improve performance (the stuttering prob).

And it contains the initially AFCAD with some fixes (mixed up parking positions 170 ....). So the AFCAD will contain any available gate as the first one did.

I think some of you want the testpatch2 still on the server. So I uploaded it again. Use the link in previous post. I´ll remove it tomorrow again.

Thosten

could you upload for us the patch(not testpatch) so we dont need to wait until tomorow and dont need do download again egll? :D

He just said he's going to do that... :wink:

You need 'testpatch2' which solves the problem outlined in this thread. The first patch was just an updated AFCAD file that none of us needed...

thx, but... i mean the " new texture files to improve performance" textures...

and i dont want to load again 150mb, only für some textures ;-)

Your reloading for the updated '.bgl' files not the textures. You may want to use the lower res textures (which look exactly the same as the high res textures) next time around anyway. Granted Thosten spoke of improvement to some textures here and there, most are concerned with a resolution to the CTD issue.

You have to understand when you buy a brand new product there's bound to be bugs that have to get ironed out requiring you to reinstall the product. There's no way around that unless you want a less than stellar product... :wink:

I think "Cpt-Nico" just meant that it'd be good to be able to get the new bgls & bmps that Thorsten is going to make available later today as a small zip file, which would add+overwrite existing files, rather than have to download and reinstall a whole EGLL v1.1. Perhaps that is what T. intends to do in any case.

M. :)