Updates not included in version 1.02?

ncooper

Hello,

thank you for this excellent aircraft model.

I downloaded version 1.02 on 14th May.

I find that the promised updates:

Simulator master battery switch not operated by the battery switch, so the engines do not start 

where there is a cold and dark saved default flight, even when the checklist is followed

to the letter, not fixed.

The word Parke brake on the parking brake, not fixed.

If I may make a suggestion, perhaps you could add a 2D switch panel for Water rudder,

Tail hook and if it cannot be fixed, Master battery switch that opens with Shift and 2.

I have made one for myself out of FS 2002 cpt switches and it is much less bother to use a mouse

than to try to operate two keyboard keys for each of three simulator commands.

Please login to display this image.

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs
26 minutes ago, ncooper said:

If I may make a suggestion, perhaps you could add a 2D switch panel for Water rudder,

Tail hook and if it cannot be fixed,

About which aircraft are you talking?

The Douglas DC8, the subject of this sub forum.

Page 10 of the Operating Manual.pdf

THE DC-8 IN P3D/FSX 
There are some keypress controls and other features unique to the DC-8 that you will need to know: 
External air (needed to start the first engine) is available by whatever keypress is set for "Tail hook (up/down)" in your controls setup accessed through the simulator's options menus. Look for the tail hook key press entry under "systems" and note the keypress required or assign a command if none is present.  

The command for "Water rudder (up/down)" will toggle external electrical power on and off.  The aircraft must be on the ground and stationary for the command to work.  Find the command and note or assign the required keypress. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, this means you should use the keyboard commands usually assigned to tail hook and water rudder to disconnect ground power and ground air. I was wondering why you are asking for a 2D panel for water rudder and tail hook.

Thank you, the suggestion was that a 2D panel might be a little more user friendly, not that I did not understand the instructions.

Perhaps we can wait and see what the developer says, rather than dismiss the idea out of hand?

2 hours ago, ncooper said:

Thank you, the suggestion was that a 2D panel might be a little more user friendly, not that I did not understand the instructions.

Perhaps we can wait and see what the developer says, rather than dismiss the idea out of hand?

I do not interpret his post as dismissing any idea.

I think what he is saying is that on the Flight Engineer's panel there is an indicator light for External Power.  Hitting the water rudder command keystroke turns this light on, meaning external power is available.  I'm sure there are additional conditions (must be on ground, etc.) but that's the basic idea.  So to ask for a "2D panel", I do not understand, the indicator light is right on the FE Panel.

Yes, I understand what to do and how it works as it is.

I do not think that either of you has understood my request.

I see that I am not the first to suggest this.

The idea is not for a 2D panel for anything that is already there.

The idea is for a 2D, "pop up" panel with switches on it, like in my picture.

Then a mouse can be used to click these switches, instead of keyboard keys, to switch on the batteries,

the external air and external power.

I have noted that the developer mentions that there already enough "click spots" in the VC or I might have

suggested switches on the engineer's panel.

• Developer

I am considering it.  Anything that might be considered an "enhancement" rather than a fix will not come until the 32 bit versions are released.

There have been many fixes for 64 bit made such as the parking brake text, which will are done and will be released soon in v. 103. 

Archived