Released: London-Heathrow 2008 (by Simwings)

• Aerosoft

We just released Simwings London-Heathrow 2008 and it's a very highly anticipated release for sure, we have been asked so many times over the last weeks when it would be done, well it's now. If you buy this version you will get the FSX version that will follow fast for free. Check out the images here and the full details on the product page; http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...i?showd,,D10551

Get this one, you won't be sorry!

heathrow_1.jpg

heathrow_2.jpg

heathrow_3.jpg

heathrow_4.jpg

heathrow_5.jpg

heathrow_6.jpg

heathrow_7.jpg

heathrow_8.jpg

heathrow_9.jpg

heathrow_10.jpg

heathrow_11.jpg

heathrow_12.jpg

heathrow_13.jpg

heathrow_14.jpg

heathrow_15.jpg

heathrow_16.jpg

heathrow_17.jpg

heathrow_18.jpg

This is just fantastic and exceptional work. How the heck they kept the frames down with this much detail and quality should be studied by every developer out there (except Flytampa).

Congratulations and thank you Simwings for giving us a true masterpiece. I think EGLL has raised the bar for developers of large airports; no longer will massive framerate hits be a widespread acceptance after this. Of course AES is the icing on the cake and I will be flying in and out of this hub for years to come (at least until FSX can run this well).

Can I ask a question, with regards to the Static Aircraft Scenery, all most of the airlines parked at the correct terminal? for example do you see BA Aircrafts a Terminal 4 and 1 instead of terminal 3 like the screenshots.

Any chance you could post a screenie of LHR at night, as the simwings show it a dusk.

Thanks

Hi all,

Not sure about buying this as I already have a Heathrow scenery. FPS is pretty bad though as I am using 66% AI traffic. It is bearable. Yeah I know I can turn the traffic lower but I don't want to as it works well with other even more detailed scenery.

So my Q is this. How does Simwings EGLL handle with 66% AI traffic? Is it a jerkovision slideshow or an improvement over the other offerings out there?

cheers

Hi all,

Not sure about buying this as I already have a Heathrow scenery. FPS is pretty bad though as I am using 66% AI traffic. It is bearable. Yeah I know I can turn the traffic lower but I don't want to as it works well with other even more detailed scenery.

So my Q is this. How does Simwings EGLL handle with 66% AI traffic? Is it a jerkovision slideshow or an improvement over the other offerings out there?

cheers

I'm guessing that the other Heathrow is uk2000's. I had Heathrow pro installed and had to turn my traffic down to about 50% with a large fps hit. I removed the the pro and installed Simwings-Aerosoft London Heathrow 2008 with no statics and High res graphics and ran the slidders all the way up and turned my traffic up to 100%.

I found that I took a very small (1 to 2 fps) hit. and very fluid motion in the scenery.

I think London Heathrow 2008 is the best buy of the year and as another sim-pilot wrote, "AES is the icing on the cake!"

You can use this scenery with the static aircraft (which I recommend) and see almost no framerate hit. Using AI alone leaves the airport too sparse, you need to have the static planes present and like I already said there's 'NO' framerate hit (on a side note, I don't use the high res textures and the airport still looks fantastic)...

Speaking of UK2000's scenery you can't compare. Although they both look comparable the difference in performance is like night and day... :wink:

Okay now it's out of the way as I could care a less about AES or FS2004 . Any Idea when we can expect the FSX version. Just general Idea is fine.

Have a nice wait... :lol:

It may be another year (or two) before you see the same performance we're seeing now with the Level-D 767 on approach over London proper in FSX (that surprisingly seems to be o.k. with many of you so like the saying goes, 'to each his own')... The bright side to this dual sim situation we're faced with today is we at least have options from some developers. If a Simmer wants framerate headaches he can have at it, if a different simmer wants performance and fluid flight just like the aforementioned he can have it as well. :wink:

Okay now it's out of the way as I could care a less about AES or FS2004 . Any Idea when we can expect the FSX version. Just general Idea is fine.

This is what was given to us previously.

The FS2004 version is expected in 3 or 4 weeks while the FSX version will follow around October 2007.

Exellent scenery, got it today and made a flight from EGll to EDDF and back, and the framerates were great! :)

The high-res textures makes it look so real too.. Well done and congratulations to simwings! :) and i hope you will continue to support us FS9 users for a long time to come!

I downloaded the updated version 1.1 after purchasing the original, and the CTDs and extremely slow loading problems seem to have disappeared, without any deterioration in the frame rates.

I notice that there are no blue lights outlining the taxiways. Is this true of Heathrow in real life, or is it a bug, or what? I don't see them at any point, on the ground or in the air. I do see the green centerline lights, though.

Also, sometimes the runway lights aren't visible until I'm actually rolling into position on the runway.

• Developer

Hello,

in Heathrow are no blue taxiway edge lights. I drove around the airport (of course not driving myself as I had my digital camera in both hands taking pictures like hell) for three days and never found a blue edge light.

The runway lights: If you mean those on the RWY it seems correct to me as these are "directional light" only showing when you´re viewing in the right direction.

Thorsten

Have now got V1.1 and wanted to say thanks to the team. This has, by far, been the best FS9 Payware experience fror me. To patch and release an updated version based on the comments of your customers within a week of release is outstanding!

This support forum is also very friendly and the devlopers seem happy to address any concerns or critisism given, unlike some forums who have the "If you don't like it, don't use it" attitude.

Well Done and Thank You again.

Hi, I bought this scenery (SimMarket :@) yesterday and I still haven't got the reg key...

How long does this takes? This is my first Aerosoft product, so I have no idea. Thanks' for this great product! :D