Zurich flood/apron lighting during daytime.

Chok

I have an issue with the flood/apron lights at Zurich prof.

When you load the scenery from the menu there is no issue. But if you load somewhere else and fly to Zurich some of the flood/apron lighting appears around the airport during daytime (see pictures below). It can also be triggered by spawning at Zurich, slewing away, and then slewing back to the airport.

If you park your aircraft below one of the lights it lights up the cockpit, so it's clear that it is some kind of dynamic light and it gives quite a performance hit during the day because of how bad DL performs.

Windows 10 - P3D V4.2 - Zurich prof V1 fresh install.

Fresh Load with no issue:

Please login to display this image.

After flying to the airport triggering the bug: 

• Developer

There is a known issue in the engine of P3D V4 itself, related to effects.

For example, when you start the sim in Zuerich, no lighteffects are on, but when you then select the Options>Scenery Libraries Menu and press Ok there, all effects are shown.

The effect placements all have a parameter DAY=0, so the engine should not show them at daytime.

The only possible workaround is to set the intensity to 0 (last value of color Start=) in the effect fx file.

Will have look into it for the next update.

17 minutes ago, OPabst said:

There is a known issue in the engine of P3D V4 itself, related to effects.

For example, when you start the sim in Zuerich, no lighteffects are on, but when you then select the Options>Scenery Libraries Menu and press Ok there, all effects are shown.

The effect placements all have a parameter DAY=0, so the engine should not show them at daytime.

The only possible workaround is to set the intensity to 0 (last value of color Start=) in the effect fx file.

Will have look into it for the next update.

Alright thank you for clarifying that.

Due to the nature of DL in P3D V4 at the moment i never fly during night time so for me it wouldn't hurt to turn them off, out from the pictures shown above. Can you tell me which files i need to edit intensity in, in order to solve this temporarily? 

14 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Simple unzip the attached file to the P3DV4\Effects folder and replace the existing files, that should temporary solve the issue at daytime.

Temp Fix for DYN-Lights at LSZH Pro.zip

That did indeed solve it for now.

Support within 1 hour on a sunday +1 :D 

Thanks.

• Developer

Yes, if the fix is so easy, we can do it at sunday :)

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived