Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System

Thorsten42

Hi there,

just got a package from Aerosoft two days ago and now wasting my time with flying around, tweaking and tuning the yoke in fsx. Quite a nice toy. Only thing I didn't like at the beginning was that the yoke is spring mounted and snaps back into neutral position (...but nothing you cant fix by taking a glance at the inside ;-) ) As the yoke was sold out that fast at the shop who else is playing around with it right now? I'm still having problems to get the throttle unit working in fs9. Anyone else having problems or having some tips and tricks?

Have a nice flight

Thorsten

Cant comment about FS9 as not used it in months myself. But in FSX I had 0 issues using the X52 Pro using the default profiles installed by the software. My main problem has been trying to figure out what to assign to what keys given can use the Shift key to make it seperate. I am running out of options to assign to all the buttons

Had the same problem Linux Wolf... ;)

I'm still waiiting for there tool to change the color of the LEDs buttons..

But it's a very nice yoke.

Happy I bought it.

• 5 weeks later...

I was wondering, you folks that have this yoke, do you feel it is an improvement over CH's yoke?

I've been looking at it, but the only real difference that I can see is the timer (which is a nice addition). I might put one on my CH with double back tape if I don't replace it with this one.

I know that CH's is spring loaded to neutral also.

I have saitek's X-52 flight control system and I like it a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just returned this yoke for the phantom button press problem so many are experiencing. This does not bother me as I am sure it is a early production run problem that Saitek will fix shortly.

The thing that kind of bugs me is the null zone which seems to be designed into the hardware. There is about 10 degrees of motion left and right with no response and about 4-5 cm in front and behind the center notch with no response. This is the way it acts with or with out Saitek drivers. If you leave Flight Simulator sensitivities turned up you can over control easily because of the large null. Turning the sensitivity down avoids over control, but then the controls are mushy and slow. Flying big iron would be fine but flying a small nimble plane would be less fun with such a wide null zone.

i've recently seen the saitek yoke in Aachen in a shop...

i think the difference to the CH yoke is the throttle quadrant. the levers have a negative position which can be defined as reverse thrust (black lever) or feather (is it the right word? the german term is "Segelstellung")... don't know the CH product so i can't tell but as soon as my thrusmaster top gun afterburner II quits service I'll upgrade^^

Can you believe I am still using my trusty first generation Microsoft Sidewinder force feedback joystick...such a nice feel, and it still works perfect. Alas, it uses a 9 pin "D" plug rather than USB so the great minds at Microsoft rendered their own product obsolete with Vista...sigh.

• 1 month later...

I ordered the yoke and rudder pedals from Dell. They were 15% off with free shipping to continental US. I live in Alaska, so I had to pay $27 for shipping. I got the pedals in about a day (they upgraded my shipping and sent them 1 day DHL Air!!) but the yoke is backordered and I won't get it until the end of next month. Just having the rudders have made a huge difference for me!

Hey guys,

I am using my saitek yoke for about two weeks now and find it some well spend 150 euro. I flew with the HOTAS Cougar from thrustmaster before the saitek, but found myself flying commercial aircrafts more often so i switcht. I dont experience any problems so far. In fact, this yoke has changend my flightsim experience and makes things much more realistic. I fly the cheyenne 80% of the time and reallly love the way she handels now. So, in my opinion the yoke gets a 10/10.

Jeroen

• 3 weeks later...
The thing that kind of bugs me is the null zone which seems to be designed into the hardware.

It's interesting as I've read some posts on different forums where CH Yoke users lamented the lack of centering. But, if I remember correctly, "most" yokes for real aircraft don't center or have centering detents and that once your at altitude and properly trimmed the yoke is functionally centered at that point. If I understood what I read correctly.

I've got 2 CH setups and one includes their yoke and that seems to be the case.

The only aspect of it I can think of improving is the smoothness of the fore and aft motion which can sometimes stick or bind a bit which complicates landing and takeoff. I'm reluctant to shave the shaft or apply a lubricant as that may only make the situation worse. CH use to make a second yoke (maybe they still do), the LE which I think had a center detent. They also had a recent thread on their site asking what changes would users like in a new yoke model, so obviously CH are thinking about it as well.

It's interesting as I've read some posts on different forums where CH Yoke users lamented the lack of centering. But, if I remember correctly, "most" yokes for real aircraft don't center or have centering detents and that once your at altitude and properly trimmed the yoke is functionally centered at that point. If I understood what I read correctly.

Hi,

Regarding the null zone, it's not built in the hardware, it's configured by the sim. Within the calibrating tool you will see that there's no null zone at all and if you reduce the null zone setting in the sim you will get a smooth motion all the way.

And with the centering as I posted at the beginning, just open it and hang out the springs... no more centering as in real life... ;-)

Have a nice weekend.

Thorsten