Good day.
I have seen a lot of youtube videos about the pfpx and other real aviation softwares too.
I am using Simbrief actually and i am keen on pfpx because has more functionality.
I came across with a video today from a  real flight planning software and i 've seen these options :

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Does PFPX have the same options as seen from screenshots  above or  will they be implemented in a  future update ?I mean

-Option to SIGWX ,Hazards,SIGMETs on flight route screen (simbrief has that option for sigwx and skyvector has the sigmets and weather radar functionality like echo tops,base reflectivity)
-Option to Avoid Turbulence,Icing,Convective areas (thunderstorms etc),NATs, 
-Option to select POLAR routing or not (not seen above my suggestion)

-Option to see fuel prices at many airports (not seen above my suggestion)

On 13/5/2018 at 9:58 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Christian, nice to hear PFPX will be getting new features. I was getting worried it might not be updated any more.

I bought PFPX and topcat long ago, initially updating the programs, now it's all dead. I do not understand, I have been talking about the new version of PFPX for two years, but it never comes, and I think it will never come again. PFPX = TOPCAT = DEAD. this is my idea and this must remain. I think you have hit and understood the situation. Simbreaf  currently superior.

5 hours ago, airbusitalia said:

I bought PFPX and topcat long ago, initially updating the programs, now it's all dead. I do not understand, I have been talking about the new version of PFPX for two years, but it never comes, and I think it will never come again. PFPX = TOPCAT = DEAD. this is my idea and this must remain. I think you have hit and understood the situation. Simbreaf  currently superior.

The program isn't dead. I continue to use it frequently and it connects to the wx servers and the Navigraph data is updated. True there have been no new features for a while primarily because the author has had personal issues to deal with. Hopefully he's overcome those now. But it remains a very good program.

• Aerosoft
5 hours ago, airbusitalia said:

If a product is not updated it does not mean it is 'dead'. You bought it with the functionality it had at the time of the purchase and NONE of that is removed. Tens of thousand of people are using it every day.

If simBrief offers all you need and you like that better, of course use that tool. It's spiffingly good, but if you compare features you must agree it does not match. 

Simbrief doesn't come close to the power of PFPX.  And it is not dead.  Just because it hasn't been updated for a while.  I mean no-one says the PMDG 737 is dead because it has't been updated for years.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's difficult. Now years of promise of a new version of PFPX never arrived. And as a good habit in the forum aerosoft, when you express your idea, come the downvote. Demonstration that you must always say what administrators say, little freedom of thought, ideas. One thing is also true, the downvotes come from the children who attend the forum. I repeat, it's just my idea and kindly bring respect in a free world of expression. Thank you

• Deputy Sheriffs

You are right, we are (luckily) living in a free world where we can express our opinions. This is true for everyone, and I guess that's also true for the down votes. Calling other users making use of this feature "children" simply shows your disrespect against those  users and their opinion. So please do not claim the right of free speech if you can't stand the answers.

• Aerosoft
42 minutes ago, airbusitalia said:

I hope I'm wrong, but it's difficult. Now years of promise of a new version of PFPX never arrived. And as a good habit in the forum aerosoft, when you express your idea, come the downvote. Demonstration that you must always say what administrators say, little freedom of thought, ideas. One thing is also true, the downvotes come from the children who attend the forum. I repeat, it's just my idea and kindly bring respect in a free world of expression. Thank you

The down and upvotes are used so other people can identify useful and useless posts. I think they are correctly used in this case.  I also considered your post without merit as you make statements that are just not valid. They should not be used to 'punish' people (like your downvote of Tom's post) and that's why we check all downvotes manually and give warnings when they are used incorrectly. 

Archived