Heathrow update with static aircraft?

Aaron1

Hello again Aerosoft, 

A quick follow up question to my previous post regarding the addition of some features for the next Heathrow update: 

As well as adding the red lighting to the control tower, I was wondering whether Aerosoft would consider adding some static aircraft to Heathrow in the next update? I'm sure there are many people who do not have an AI traffic add-on due to it being too resource intensive but don't like flying into a completely empty airport. Adding some (optional) static aircraft would look really good and add to the realism :) I know there are some examples of other airports out there by different developers where static aircraft has been added so I hope it is possible with Heathrow.

Maybe Heathrow could also be a test run for this feature to be added into future airports? Just a potential future product idea that could evolve out of this. 

Best wishes,

Aaron

• Developer

Sorry Aaron,

that is not planned for any Airport of Sim-wings, because there are only a few user need that. To implement this, is not only to place some Aircrafts, you need the models of many different airplanes and different texturesets of airlines, otherwise it looks not real. This will generate much work and/or high costs to buy the licence of such models. This will increase the price of the product for all users, where only a few will switch them on and use this feature.

Maybe sometimes someone will see a chance to produce a tool, that give the users who need that the option to place static aircraft to any airport they want it, independet to the airport addons.

Hi Oliver, I just downloaded the update for Heathrow and the new lighting on the tower is perfect. However with the update there seems to be no more taxiway or runway lighting?

Couple of screenshots to show what I'm seeing:

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Best wishes,

Aaron

• Developer

Did you use the "Time Preview" Slider to get into the Night? If so, you need to press "Apply" to set the sim into night, otherwise the lights are not on. The internal variables used by the runway and taxiway lights will not be set from P3D, when use the slider only.

Another question about v 1.10... no matter what I do, I can’t get AI traffic to show. Even though UTLive traffic board shows departures / boarding, the whole airfield is empty even if I let the sim sit for half an hour. It is quite odd. 

Good for performance though! However I am sure it is not a feature. If I slew to Gatwick, aircraft everywhere.

Cheers,

Mark

• Developer

When there is no Aircraft shown, it will not be a general issue of the scenery, as I have full house with Utlive. It could only be possible, that there are double Afcads existing on your system or other combi issue related EGLL will display the simobjects of Utlive not where they should be.

First test: Start Egllconfig and deregister the Addon, then start P3D and check, if UTlive Traffic is displayed and operating correct at the default airport, are maybe the default airport is not correct anyway based on groundlayout and so on.

6 hours ago, OPabst said:

Did you use the "Time Preview" Slider to get into the Night? If so, you need to press "Apply" to set the sim into night, otherwise the lights are not on. The internal variables used by the runway and taxiway lights will not be set from P3D, when use the slider only.

My mistake:wacko:

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived