SODE Jetway issues at LIMC

Tamba765

I installed the SODE module for LIMC, although I didn't have to install one at any of the other airports. I have  SODE version 1.62 and all the other scenery packages recognize it.

The jetways at several of the A600 gates are passing through each other when I try to dock them to a door. I've tried several gates, and jetway combinations but the same thing happens.

There also seems to be a problem as to which jetways are assigned to serve each gate. Try parking at gate A606 and you'll see what I mean. There appear to be 4 jetways at that gate,

or at least it looks that way. Thanks.

Pete Locascio

Please login to display this image.

OK, I did what the instructions said. First, I hit SODE-OFF, reverted back to CTRL_J, and there were 2 functioning jetways, which is the way it should be. I then closed the Sim program. I went back to the file location and double clicked on SODE-ON. A window opened which said SODE jetways activated, and to hit any key. I did that and the window closed. I then restarted the Sim and, once again, there were 4 jetways. I tried this several times with the same result. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 minutes ago, Tamba765 said:

OK, I did what the instructions said. First, I hit SODE-OFF, reverted back to CTRL_J, and there were 2 functioning jetways, which is the way it should be. I then closed the Sim program. I went back to the file location and double clicked on SODE-ON. A window opened which said SODE jetways activated, and to hit any key. I did that and the window closed. I then restarted the Sim and, once again, there were 4 jetways. I tried this several times with the same result. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

Hi just a guess.

Did you install prior the non Pro Malpensa? If yes, did you do a proper uninstall? Maybe there are the old SODE files left in c:\program data\12bpilot\

xml and simobjects folder. Uninstall Malpensa. Check there are no limc related files left. Then install Malpensa Pro again.

Other Option: are you running the Config tool with admin rights? Somehow it can not deactivate the ctrl-j file. So you get both sets of jetways.

• Developer

Please take care, that you wait long enough, after you stop P3D and before you start the batch job. Even, when the P3D is close, the exe is still runing in the background and blocks the rename/delete of files. 

So stop the P3D then wait min 15-30sec, first run the sode-off.bat and then the sode-start.bat, so the maybe wrong files are gone.

I didn't have any LIMC scenery installed prior to installing LIMC  professional. I uninstalled the program anyway, and then reinstalled it. I ran the SODE-ON as administrator, but the same thing happened. I shut down the program, waited a minute, and ran

SODE-OFF and then SODE-ON. Now I'm getting 2 jetways, but Ctrl+J is the only way to move them.  I've attached a few of pictures. One shows the location of the files, and the other is the screen that pops up after I run the SODE-On. The third one shows the message I get after activating SODE and trying to move the jetway with Tab+S. There seems to be an indication of a path problem, yet it says that the SODE jetways are activated. I'm running 3 monitors so screen shots don't work very well, so I used a camera for the shots. Thanks.

• Developer

Please take care, that you unzip the file to the correct location.

The SODE Folder, you find in the zip, must be placed direct below ..\Milan Malpensa Professional, so the you have the folders

effects

scenery

SODE

Textures

Looks differnet on you screen. 

And, if you have the addons below c:\Program Files, start the bat "As Administrator" (right mouse button to open the menu)

The page you're looking at is not the same one you're referring to. The previous page is, and it shows the items in the correct order. The programs are in Program Files (x86) and I've tried running the program both ways as admin and without. 

All the other airport scenery I have with SODE jetways, such as Flight Beam KSFO, work correctly. Since I seem to be the only one having problems, it must be something I'm doing wrong on my end. I'll keep trying things and if I fix it, I'll let you know. Thanks. 

I ran the bat as administrator, I did another clean installation, and I installed LIMC in C instead of (x86). I also tried putting the files P3dv4/ecosystem.

I tried all the suggestions, but I still have the issues, bad paths, no sode showing up in the scenery files, etc.. The fact is I really don't know a lot about the technical things you guys are talking about. I just want to buy scenery,

install it, and not have to deal with all these issues, but unfortunately, most of the time it's just not that easy.

I'll just live without LIMC SODE for now. It works for all my other scenery products. I'm having a new computer built in a few weeks with all the latest hardware.

Maybe the Gremlins in this machine will go away. Thanks Guys!    

• Developer

Sorry but here seams to be all wrong, when David shows the files and folders below the Scenery folder of the addon. There they have not to be, they must be in a seperate Sode Folder beside the scenery folder below the main folder (Milan Malpensa Professional). And it looks like files of the older FSX/P3D (non Professional) product are mixed in, because I don't think that the LIMC_AFX-OP06-SODE.Bgl is part of it anymore.

But I will check this tomorrow.

• Developer

So,

first I am sorry, but David has the wrong file provided on his page, what is not provided to him for the Milan Malpensa Professional Product (a mix of data from the older FSX/P3DV3 product verion)

Here the correct ZIP file with the data for the Professional version, David will replace the file soon an his page: Sode Jetways for LIMC Prof.zip

To fix the issues on your PC, please do the following step's to clean your installation:

1.) Run the SODE-STOP.Bat, where ever it is located now

2.) Uninstall the Milan Malpensa Professional Product, you should have C:\Program Files (x86)\Aerosoft a file named Uninstall_MILANPROF.exe, execute this file and the product will be deinstalled.

3.) Doublecheck that the Folder Milan Malpensa Professional is removed below C:\Program Files (x86)\Aerosoft, if not, then delete the complete folder

4.) Check, that there is no file name DRS_limc_SODE-Jetway.xml below the folder C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml, otherwise remove it

5.) Check, that there is Subfolder named Drs_Limc_Jetway below the folder C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects, otherwise delete that folder

6.) Now run the Milan Malpensa Professional Installer again, I would recommand not to use the C:\Programm Files (x86) Folder for Addons, create for example C:\P3DV4-Addons an select this subfolder as destination while installing the Addon.
     So the folder is not below the P3D Sim Folder (like Ecosyste\Aerosoft was before) and it is not in a UAC Controlled Subfolder of Windows.

7.) After Scenery is Installed, check of all is fine in Milan and you only see the CTRL+J Jetways of the scenery and no double jetways

8.) The Download the zip File above and open it with the explorer. Copy the SODE Folder you find inside the ZIP to the ..\Aerosoft\Milan Malpensa Professional Folder, so that you have there the subfolders "Effects, Scenery, SODE, Texture" and the LIMCConfig.exe beside some other files at the same level.

9.) Then open the ..\Aerosoft\Milan Malpensa Professional\SODE Folder in your explorer and doubleckick the SODE-ON.BAT

When you then start the P3D, you should see Jetway only once and this jetway should be controlled by SODE.

@OPabst, the files you have on Aerosoft servers and the online shops are the wrong ones! Please remove them as they are old and does not contain the fixed David and I implemented later on before the final release.

The correct files are should only be download from https://www.flightsimsupport.net/02-sode!!!

@Tamba765 Please remove any old files you downloaded from Aerosoft, run the SODE-OFF.bat before so you can revert to ctrl-J version. If you need my help doing so please PM me and we'll do TemViewer session to make sure you're getting SODE experience like everyone else.

Thanks,

Amos

• Developer
1 hour ago, ageva said:

@OPabst, the files you have on Aerosoft servers and the online shops are the wrong ones! Please remove them as they are old and does not contain the fixed David and I implemented later on before the final release.

The correct files are should only be download from https://www.flightsimsupport.net/02-sode!!!

@Tamba765 Please remove any old files you downloaded from Aerosoft, run the SODE-OFF.bat before so you can revert to ctrl-J version. If you need my help doing so please PM me and we'll do TemViewer session to make sure you're getting SODE experience like everyone else.

Thanks,

Amos

Sorry, but read my Post before! This is a official Statement, the files at the site you linked is the wrong one at this moment! This file needs to replace first, until then file in my post is the correct one!

I let check at the moment, that the files in the Customer Account is replaced with the correct one too.

• Developer

Thanks Pete for your feedback, we are sorry for this problem and the circumstances. I will keep the thread open, until I see that zip file at the linked Page is replaced.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived