Graphics Crash Windows 10

I didn't know where else to post this.  Does anyone else have problems with the Aerosoft A318/319/320/321 series with FSX on Windows 10 machines?  Mine starts out OK, but after a few hours the graphics start going white-out.  Then my flight controller stops working.  I have renamed the fsx.cfg file in the %APPDATA% folder and let FSX repopulate it.  I don't know what else to do.  It's a lot of money to just deal with such crashes!

Hi, welcome to the Forums,

FSX is not optimised for Windows 10 and it will never be. So most of the Errors occur because FSX is simply not Programmed for Windows 10.

Because your Graphics gets "white out"'ed aufter a few hours, I assume it could also be a temperature problem. Last thing, are your drivers up to date?

Best regards,

thunfischbaum

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is no need to worry about FSX and Windows 10. It simply runs perfect. Problems like sudden disconnect of controllers are meanwhile history.

You only have to make sure that your Windows is up to date.

99,9% of all problems are low hardware specs, misconfiguration of FSX and/or tweaking it to death.

You already made a correct step by starting with a fresh fsx.cfg (I assume you deleted the correct one from " C:\Users\YOU_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX").

And the one and only tweak you have to apply is the HIGHMEMFIX.

Everything elses depends on a proper configuration of FSX being in line with your hardware.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.  It seems to be a fairly simple fix.  What I need to do after I've done that is really pretty minimal to get flying again, instead of reinstalling everything.

Archived