Malaga Pro - floating UTLive aircraft at gates?

Rob Ainscough

• Developer

Hi Rob,

this seams the same issue as you had it in El Hierro. Please start the LEMGConfig Tool and exit it with Save+Exit. Please check before and after this action, if there is a "AFX_LEMG_ALT.bgl" in the <P3DV4>\World\Scenery\World folder.

This file should be automaticaly copied while the Install and Registrationprocess, but maybe this fails based on unknown reason in your case.

Tried an uninstall and re-install, but the problem persists (Win10 defender disabled).

The AFX_LEMG_ALT.bgl is located in two folders:

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Sim-wings Malaga Professional\ALT

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery

There is also a ABP_LEMG.BGL in 

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery

I renamed the ORBX file to ABP_LEMG.BGL.OFF but unfortunately that didn't make a difference.

I use fsAerodata and there where a couple of possible LEMG related files that I also renamed to .OFF:

D:\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC\scenery\LEMG.BGL

D:\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids\scenery\FSAD_comms.BGL

Unfortunately this didn't resolve the issue either.

I also disabled UTLive and used the default aircraft and they taxi'd in the same manor above the runway as if working with different elevation data.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Rob.

Long shot as I know you are very thorough - you don't still have entries in the scenery.cfg and ..\ecosystem\Aerosoft\Malaga ... do you? (old version)

I have LEMG, UT Live and Vector and no issues.

Joe

• Developer

Hi Rob,

looks more then a general issue on your system, then a Malaga Pro issue. Let me try to explain the technical background, maybe it helps you to find the source of it:

The Microsoft FS Code (still part of P3D V4) will build a internal list of all Airports when loaded, where the AI Traffic is based on, minimum those AI Aircrafts placed to start at a airport.

Here the Altitude of the Airport is importent.

When the FS is started, it reads the Facility Data (AFCADs) based on the Scenery Order, given by the Scenery.cfg and now the add-on.cfg.

The first readed BGL with Facility Data for an ICAO Code will generate the entry into the List, with the Name of the Airport, LAT/LON and the Altitude value.

Even when in higher layers a second BGL is found, which contain Facility Data for the ICAO Code, the values in the List will never again overwritten.

For Scenery Addons where there AFCAD use the same Name, Lat/Lon and Altitude values as the first readed BGL has (most the default scenery AFCADs), all is fine.

But, when the default Altitude values is not correct (like in La Palma, El Hierro) or the Alt is not good integrated in the terrain (like Malaga), the Addon Altitude is different and so, the Afcad and Airportflattens will have a different Alt, then the default airport.

To prevent the issue, that the AI Traffic uses the wrong Altitude, the Addon needs to provide a small "Correction" AFCAD (like the AFX_LEMG_ALT.BGL) which use the same Alt as in the Afcad for the Addon Airport. This small BGL must be placed in a Scenery Folder, which is in the lowest possible Layer in the scenery order.

Normally the [Area.001] with Layer=1 is the Entry with the Titel=Default Terrian, points to the path Local=Scenery\World (this is the folder <P3DV4>\Scenery\World\Scenery Folder)

This Area is lower then all the Areas following with Titel=Default Scenery and Titel=xxxx Base, where the Afcad Data for all the Default Airports are included.

So, normally, when the Altitude correction Afcad (like AFX_LEMG_ALT.BGL) is placed im the Scenery\World\Scenery Folder, this Afcad for LEMG is readed first, before any other Afcad for LEMG, inclusive the default once.

So, the Altitude used there is the Alt for the internal List for the Airport (LEMG) and the AI Traffic is at the same corrected Alt as the Airport Addon use.

In your case,

1.) maybe the Layer of the "Default Terrain" Entry is not anymore the Layer=1 and another Entry has a lower Layer then this Entry

2.) The Area "Default Terrain" is not anymore active (Active=False instead of Active=True)

3.) In the Scenery\World\Scenery Folder is another BGL includes LEMG als entry and readed first

I have no info's, that there is another way to overwrite the Alt given by the first AFCAD, so I don't expect that the issue is generated by any other AFCAD which is in a Folder with a higher Layer.

The Issue will be generated, because the AFX_LEMG_ALT.BGL in your Scenery\World\Scenery Folder is not the first readed LEMG Afcad on your system.

The "Simple Airport Scanner" is not yet P3D V4 compatible, otherwise this tool is very helpful to search for dublicate Afcads and there layers.

Hi Oliver,

I'll disagree with you that it's a general issue with my PC, I've install many other airports and so far the only two that have exhibited this problem were LEMG and El Hierro.  But I agree with you that it's some conflict with an existing products ... what I've noticed is that Aerosoft's Mega Airport Barcelona and Menorca seem to have a lot of files that reference LEMG?

I renamed AFX_LEMG_ALT.BGL to .OFF (in  D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery) expecting to see some type of difference, but I didn't, exactly the same?  So it does appear something else has priority, I just have no idea what?  

Simple Airport Scanner v1.8.0 does actually work with P3D V4 but it relies on Make Runways v4.8.3 which relies on Lorby-Si Addon Organizer v1.33b04 so that Add-On folders are scanned.  How's that for a complex 3rd party dependency chain ... insane I know, but ....

I'll keep searching for the conflict, but it's seemingly becoming more and more futile -- needle in a hack stack and one of the most significant flaws in the P3D/FSX platform "whos on first", "I don't know", he's on 2nd... ;)

Joe, 

Yes made sure any prior vestige of older LEMG was gone.

Cheers, Rob.

• Developer

Hi Rod,

that you don't see the issue with the most other addons you have on your PC is clear, as only a few needs to change the Default Altitude of the Airports.

Barcelona and Menorca use the default altitude, so no issue here.

Gibraltar for example change the Alt, but only 1.5meter, and has not much AI, so you may not see it, if you have that Addon.

El Hierro in the Default Airport has a Alt of 147.82 Meter, far away from the real around 28 Meters used by the Addon.

So, please first check, that the Default Terrain entry is realy at Layer=1 in your scenery.cfg and no other Entry has this layer.

Check the Scenery Library Menü below Options in P3D to check, that there is no Add-On.XML registered Addon use a Layer=1 in his Add-ons.xml and is listed in the Scenery Library Menü below the Default Terrain entry.

Lorby-Si AddOn manager is reporting encoding errors in the add-on.xml files (see image):

Please login to display this image.

My scenery.cfg:

[General]
Title=Prepar3D Scenery
Description=Prepar3D Scenery Areas Data
Clean_on_Exit=FALSE

[Area.001]
Title=Default Scenery
Texture_ID=1
Local=Scenery\BASE
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE
Layer=1

[Area.002]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_AEC
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=2

[Area.003]
Title=0000 Base
Local=Scenery\0000
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=3

I'm going to disable some entries and see what I come up with, but my hunch is that will not help ... 

• Developer

Hi Rob,

can't say anything to the tool you use, without detailed explainations what he see, nice to have.

But, the scenery.cfg part you post, show your problem:

The normal default and issue relevant enty at Aera.001 for Default Terrain pointing to the local=scenery\world is missing.

When you backup the scernery.cfg, the delete it and you then start P3D V4, your malaga issue is gone, as the scenery.cfg is regenerated with this entry.

But, then the addon entrys will missing for the rest. 

So, it will be some work to insert the entry and renumber aera and Layernumbers, but that will be the solution for your issue.

Maybe you tool Lorby is the source of the issue of the missing area, but there you need to ask the developer

Hi,

I am using the Lorby-Si Tool, too. I have neither problems with the encoding or the missing Default Terrain entry in the scnenery.cfg. I have installed a lot of addon airports and don't have any issues like Rob. I think the root cause of the problem is neither the airport nor the Lorb-Si tool. Maybe some other addon had side effects on the scenery.cfg.

Regards,

Uli

Hi Oliver,

I don't use these tools to "write" any changes, only to inspect (read only).  I have NO idea why this was changed or what changed it, it certainly wasn't me ...

I've found backed up versions of my Scenery.cfg (many of them) and I did indeed find correct entry per your information:

[General]
Title=Prepar3D Scenery
Description=Prepar3D Scenery Areas Data
Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]
Title=Default Terrain
Texture_ID=1
Local=Scenery\World
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE
Layer=1

[Area.002]
Title=Default Scenery
Local=Scenery\BASE
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE
Layer=2

[Area.003]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_AEC
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=3

Searching thru my backup Scenery.cfg files, all were good upto 4/10/2018  (that backup was created by PSSCBAK which was performed by Lorby-Si addon manager) ... I have no other scenery.cfg backups after that date so I can't really say what caused this invalid entry .... only that it happened sometime between 4/10 and now.  Problem is I don't know what exactly ... ugh.

So I'll need to use these entries and shift all other layers:

[Area.001]
Title=Default Terrain
Texture_ID=1
Local=Scenery\World
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE
Layer=1

[Area.002]
Title=Default Scenery
Local=Scenery\BASE
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE
Layer=2

Oh joy what fun ... but thank you for pointing out the issue.  I'll report back once I get the scenery.cfg edited correctly.

Cheers, Rob.

25 minutes ago, Anxarces said:

Maybe some other addon had side effects on the scenery.cfg.

Yes I agree, I've narrowed it down to the following 3rd party products:

fsAerodata (updated new cycle 5 day ago)

4/13/2018 Douglas DC-8

4/18/2018 SimWings Fairbanks Professional

4/27/2018 SimWings Malaga Professional

4/25/2018 Orbx Netherlands

4/24/2018 Carenado S340 Aircraft

These are the only products I installed between 4/10 (when I know I had a good scenery.cfg) and now.

Cheers, Rob.

• Developer

Fine Rob,

and sorry that AES will not work in P3D, because AEShelp would do the job for you :) but only in FSX :(

When AEShelp found two Areas or Layers with the same number, it increase the following to the correct n+1 numbers.

Stupid job to do it per hand, but you get it ;)

in this part, the add-on.cfg is the same, when you need to Change the order there, the numbers must be changed per hand too.

@Uli: I said "maybe". All tools, installers or others (like humans) change the cfg's could be source of such issues. Thats the nice thing of the new add-on.xml procedure, there the prepar3D.exe is called to do the job, if they miss,.... ;)

• Developer
1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Yes I agree, I've narrowed it down to the following 3rd party products:

fsAerodata (updated new cycle 5 day ago)

4/13/2018 Douglas DC-8

4/18/2018 SimWings Fairbanks Professional

4/27/2018 SimWings Malaga Professional

4/25/2018 Orbx Netherlands

4/24/2018 Carenado S340 Aircraft

These are the only products I installed between 4/10 (when I know I had a good scenery.cfg) and now.

Cheers, Rob.

Please remove the Sim-wings addons from you list, your report of this issue regarding El Hierro was at the 4/13/2018, but El Hierro itself don't change anything in the scenery.cfg, as it was not existing before for P3D V4 and so only use the Prepar3D.exe to request the entry into the add-ons.cfg, which is done by the Prepar3D.exe.

Aircrafts should normaly not have entries in the scenery.cfg, so what is left? O... ;) Edit: and that was installed later.

I was NOT able to identify the source.  As good practice I'll make sure I backup the Scenery.cfg before I install anything new.  Editing 350 entries was tedious to say the least.  Anyway Malaga is working perfectly now, thanks for the support.

Cheers, Rob.

• Developer

Fine Rob,

what ever it was, important is, that it is fix and not a unknown issue somewhere else. El Hierro and and maybe others will be fix too. So I can close both topics.

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived