Cold and dark

theophile

One very minor issue for a next update:when you put the DC8 in a cold and dark state(using the button on the fuel and payload loader),the nav light remains in the ON position.

Do not want to be fussy,but another detail is that on startup,with full outside air connected ,and before the opening of the fuel valves,the RPM does not go higher than 7%.I think it should be

around 17-20%.

• Developer

You're talking about N1?  N1 is on the main panels and N2 on the FE panels.  The one manual I have only says that N1 rotation will usually show by light up and should show when the fuel is turned on (which is after N2 gets to 15%).  All it says in effect is that there should be some movement of N1.

Do you have a source for your number? 

Ok.Thanks.There is indeed some rotation visible,which would be correct.One other thing.On the cold and dark setup (button on the load manager),I keep consistently seeing the airplane with about

10 degree flaps down.Maybe this is just on my setup.

• Developer

Without hydraulic pressure, the flaps would slowly start to extend over time due to gravity.  Eventually they go all the way down, but I imagine this would take a very long time.  So I decided to model a little droop when the aircraft is completely shut down. 

• Developer
8 hours ago, AAC47 said:

I only know the DC-8-63 but the N1 shall be on F/E panel and N2 on main panel.

This seems to have differed by variant and airline.  I think most 50s had the gauges configured as you say.  However, my United manual has them with N1 on the main panel.  And the 62 series aircraft I was able to get into had N1 on the main panel.

In FSX/P3D thrust is linked directly to N1, or corrected N1 to be more exact. So a lot of time was put into getting the N1/EPR relationship exactly simulated.  N2 simulation is OK, but not as simulated precisely like N1.  And if I simulate EPR sensor icing at some point, you are going to want to see N1 to set power.  So given the choice, it made more sense to me to put N1 on the main panel. 

Archived