CRJ 700/900X Update Progress

• Developer

Hi everybody,

I've been quiet for some time, because I've been busy working on the remaining issues and some new features for the CRJ. Work is progressing quite well and tests for the next update will start within the next 10 days.

New features:

• FMS status is now loaded and saved with the scenario
  • Support for Mark Foti's Remote CDU has been added
  • (Optional) automatic setting of transition altitudes and levels based on the nav data

Fixed bugs:

• Issues with Direct-To's selected on the LEGS or DIR INTC pages
  • Issues with overfly waypoints that a followed by altitude waypoints (at the same geo location)
  • Landing elevation is no longer overwritten by FMS settings
  • EGPWS warnings that came immediately after liftoff (mountaineous terrain ahead but the aircraft pitch is still low)
  • Cabin pressure warnings when using Sim Rate x2 or higher (especially at low cruise altitudes)
  • Reverser armed messages are now being cleared properly
  • Duplicate ToD markers on the flightplan are gone
  • Pressing Engine Start button while engine is running no longer makes stopping the engine impossible
  • Missing waypoints in certain SIDs
  • ... and a lot of small things (including one CTD on the SEC LEGS pages)

I'm back to work. Thanks for the patience!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can not wait iam loving all my flights! offcourse there will be some bugs just glad to hear that they are being sorted out!
looking forward to it!

something iam curious about is if there is any update on the ils situation pitching up on final have gotten used to it by now so i simple disengage as soon as i have the runway in sight.

i really dont know why this happens on this occasion it happened while flying from MSP to DFW on the ILS for the 35C 
route was N0432F340 ORSKY1 OVR  J21 IRW DCT IBAKE JOVEM4

somewhere around the 1000ft it just shoots up disreagarding the ils.

is there gonna be an update for this issue?

gr gerben

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Remote CDU and DAVE Preview:

Both will be available with the next versions of Mark Foti's Remote CDU and the CRJ.

On 4/27/2018 at 3:09 PM, GJL1995 said:

something iam curious about is if there is any update on the ils situation pitching up on final have gotten used to it by now so i simple disengage as soon as i have the runway in sight.

i really dont know why this happens on this occasion it happened while flying from MSP to DFW on the ILS for the 35C 
route was N0432F340 ORSKY1 OVR  J21 IRW DCT IBAKE JOVEM4

somewhere around the 1000ft it just shoots up disreagarding the ils.

is there gonna be an update for this issue?

gr gerben

To be honest, this looks a little slow for flaps 30. AP is trying to recapture the glideslope but can't. Of course that depends on the aircraft weight. The Vref calculated by DAVE is for flaps 45 only!

It happens to me at flaps 45 and Vref+5. It likes to really chase the GS for me. Any speed variation, even 1-2 kts and it's all over the place. :o My ZFW for the CRJ7 is around 58,500-59,000lbs and for the CRJ9 is around 65,000lbs.

On 5.5.2018 at 20:42, Hans Hartmann sagte:

To be honest, this looks a little slow for flaps 30. AP is trying to recapture the glideslope but can't. Of course that depends on the aircraft weight. The Vref calculated by DAVE is for flaps 45 only!

Hello Hans,

I would also tend to partly disagree with your interpretation of the situation.

1. I'ts not quite visible but I think that the green V GS guidance marker (diamond) on the FD is just little above the middle

2. PAPI's show also a minor deviation: 1 white 3 and reds means ACFT is slight below the GS (which is the same what the V diamond is showing)

given point 1 and 2 the magenta V FD bar shows an exagerated +10° of pitch....:O

We are here all experiencing the same "bouncy" FD bar on finals. There are several pictures and reports of wrong or exagerated FD V guidances...

This has to be investigated more on your side because in this state, it is imposible to follow the FD in attempt of a complete manual landing. Even in full APPR mode there are still situation where the plane "bounces" towards the RWY (pitching up then down then again up) way to exagerated and you can see the PAPI's going from 4reds to 4 whites back an forth.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PineappleWizard said:

Any estimate on when we might see a new patch or a general update on progress?

We released one a few weeks ago... did you get it?

15 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I for one only have 1.0.5.0 and hotfix 1.0.6.0 (early march), is there any other version released somewhere? Aerosoft Launcher says there are no updates for the CRJ.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

1.0.6.0 is the latest version correct? I believe that was in March...not a few weeks ago. I was wondering when an update beyond 1.0.6.0 would be ready.

• Developer

We're about to start testing for SP1. Right now, I'm trying to get information on the CTDs that a few people have and hope to find fixes for their issues to incorporate them into SP1.

• Developer

SP1 beta has been sent to the testers today. If you wish to test as well (especially if you have troubles with specific issues), please send me a message via the forum and I'll give you access.

Archived