Pop-up GPS doesn't work without Virtual Cockpit!

MarkHurst

I have recently installed P3Dv4.2 and everything works fine. BUT... even more recently I have stopped using the virtual cockpit and I have discovered that now the Twin Otter's GPS will not work. This is so if I try to drive it by sending the ESP event codes with FSUIPC (which my hardware panel does) or even pushing the buttons with the mouse. A couple of the things work - the ON/OFF switch, radio tuner and flip-flops, and the CDI button. But nothing else. The controls are highlighted and the button animations work when I press them but the commands don't get executed. I tried the P3D (Carenado) Bonanza and that worked as expected.

Can anyone verify this? I don't have FSX to hand without swapping all my disk drives out or I would try it there too.

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Could very well be that we need th VC loaded for the GPS. Note we are not planning any changes to this product any more though.

Okay, I was just curious. I will probably get the RXP GPS anyway.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived