Eerror when installing Version 102

rlaycock

Hi

The original installed and went fine with no problems however when I removed the original and installed 102 I got the following error at the end of the install  sequence

XML tools 64.dll sucessfuly instaled Prepar3dv4 main folder

DLLXML not found !! Creating copy

-----------------------------

-Wrong user or folder corupted .DLLXML was not created.

Press finish button to exit.

Please advise what I should do

I think I will revert to the original at the moment.

Thanks

Bob

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Did you install XMLTools manually for the earlier release?  If so, you don't need to do it again.

There is an easy way to find out if XMLTools is installed and working.  Load the aircraft at a gate or on a runway.  Click on the no. 2 or 3 reverser handles.  Do those engines go into reverse thrust? If so, your install is OK. 

• Developer

Do you have a Dll.xml file?  It should be located in the folder as shown on this screenshot:

Please login to display this image.

If you find the file, you can manually put in the text:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools64</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

Hi

Thanks for the reply

i checked and indeed when clicking on the revers handles both engine 2 and 3 did go into full reverse so I will take it that it is installed correctly.

I also looked for the file as mentioned and it does indeed exist.  However the entry as you suggested is NOT in this file

However there is a second dllXML file in Program Data/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3dv4 and this one does include the entry you suggest.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Archived