lukla CTD general

thenikos

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, thenikos said:

herman, i have crash detection off anyways :) i never used it to on.

no at the airports far away i just had it 2 times in my life and i think it was accidental.

i just have it always around lukla, even if i dont use the gps.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Aerosoft
On 24-4-2018 at 10:50 PM, thenikos said:

Mathijs, it appears near to lukla. sorry for my english if i didnt explain something right. im talking about lukla and only that :) if you have a google map it appears around budhakunda. after i pass it, 99% i will get a crash. 

the strange is when i have the freemeshx i get a terrain.dll crash. if i dont have it, i get the ucrtbase.dll crash.

if i uninstall lukla, i get no crash at all at the region there.

Just to be clear. You wrote :  "it happened also one time when i was flying with the pmdg 747 but to heathrow airport, but not close to it. i was around over slovenia to austria i think."

So that is unrelated?

yes from what you and the others here told me it should be unrelated. i never had any crash again after i installed lukla back. it was just the same error thats why i mentioned it

• 1 month later...

Well you are not alone

Got the same problem, purchased Lukla this morning and installed it but same issue, P3D V4.1 crash every time I approach Lukla, tried several approaches (normal route from Khatmandu, route from the North or East, it crash approximateley 25 - 30 miles from Lukla.

Tried to jump directly to Airport, as soon it appear on the side of a cliff than crash, moved the plane to the valley using Map, crash again

I am using ORBX Global, so I updated terrain elevation just in case but same effect CTD

Thanks for any help

Cheers

Mohaupt

4 hours ago, Mohaupt said:

Well you are not alone

Got the same problem, purchased Lukla this morning and installed it but same issue, P3D V4.1 crash every time I approach Lukla, tried several approaches (normal route from Khatmandu, route from the North or East, it crash approximateley 25 - 30 miles from Lukla.

Tried to jump directly to Airport, as soon it appear on the side of a cliff than crash, moved the plane to the valley using Map, crash again

I am using ORBX Global, so I updated terrain elevation just in case but same effect CTD

Thanks for any help

Cheers

Mohaupt

Please login to display this image.

Hi

Tried it again last night, this time was not flying the Aerosoft DHC-6 300, went with PA28-R from Katmandu to Lukla and it worked, still had some issues with scenery tiles popping in and out on the mountains surrounding Lukla but I managed to land on it, after reviewing some of the graphics setting I restarted directly at the Airport with the PA28-R, worked fine, went for a round and landed back, then I changed vehicle loading the DHC-6 300, it loaded properly at the Lukla Airport, I started the engines and as soon I moved the plane toward the taxiway ... CTD

Is there an issue with the DHC-6 ?

Thanks for assistance

A.L

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are unaware of an issue with the Twotter. 

Hi,

Thank you for the comment, but is there a solution?

I noticed that 2 seconds before the CTD the Simulation froze

If I can assist on replicating the CTD and check the Event Viewer for the Diagnosis on the Runtime Error, may it help you solving this issue?

Cheers

A.L

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, tgiesige said:

I guess support is non-existent here or really don't care ?

That is fine, just the same take my money elsewhere.

Aerosoft is currently checking for a solution

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello to all,

Flying a dangerous tour and wanted to buy Lukla for P3D4.3.     Luckly(or sadly) i noticed people complainint about the CTDs issues, so definitely there is something wrong that made me stop and investigate.

Is there any update on the scenery and/or cure for the problem already released these days(september)?  If not, any planned review?    Itll be sad otherwise, such as good dangerous destination...

Thanks in advance...

• 2 months later...

I have the exact same issues. Regardless of aircraft used in P3D V4.2, V4.3 and V4.4 it will CTD without message in the vicinity of Lukla. I am running stock P3D with Orbix NA. The only addon in the area is Aerosoft VNLK. Has anyone every resolved this, it has apparently been around for a while?

• Aerosoft

Sorry to say but no. We have simply no idea what might cause this, it actually is damned hard for scenery code to crash the sim.
Unless the developer can recreate it so we can debug the sim variables I don't think an answer will be found.

• 1 month later...

Same problem here. Prepar3d v4.3 keeps crashing when flying around lukla

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: terrain.dll, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c31d5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000031597
Faulting process id: 0x42d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4c08f65e4fb6b
Faulting application path: S:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: S:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\terrain.dll
Report Id: 39d42fd7-ed93-4656-9281-8ebd70262520
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFE5C9D1597

No orbx scenery installed

It just looks like the issue occurs when flying an non included aircraft. Flying with prepar3d aircrafts works fine so far, as soon as i change to a purchased one (in this case carenado pc-12) prepar3d crashes imediately or within minutes

Any news?

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Lukla is not compatible with P3Dv4:

Yes, there is an installer allowing to install it in P3Dv4, but this got nothing to do with compatibility.

But indeed somehow confusing.

Archived