lukla CTD general

thenikos

hi, i bought lukla 2 weeks ago together with the ottis extended package. i use p3d v4.2. from the beggining everytime i was approaching lukla, i had crashes to desktop. in the beggining i was using the gps.

i read at the forum that the gps has problem with lukla so i stopped using it. but the crashes continue. but as long as lukla is installed, i have crashes also far away from lukla airport. for example i was flying with pmdg 747 v3 to aerosoft heathrow and i had 2-3 times crash to desktop. when i uninstall Lukla, everything is fine !!!. any ideas pls?

if not , pls try to fix it :)

thank you

oh ok, mathijs asked about the exact msg i get when it crashes thats why i wanted to post a photo. then i will just write the msg and of course the details of the event viewer . thanks :)

good morning to everybody :) is ok , i will make copy paste. for sure mathijs was right and in the event viewer i could see some ... interesting things. so lets go

1. initial window error: prepar3d exe has stopped working
a problem caused the program to stop working correctly
windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

2. then i check event viewer and i get 2 errors:

a. source .net runtime

Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFAF880548E

b. source application error

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832c
Faulting module name: terrain.dll, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c8293
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004548e
Faulting process id: 0x5e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3d92da906f5ed
Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Prepar3D v4\terrain.dll
Report Id: ed1035bf-e501-4787-8a91-acfe3b362a11
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

3. this happened with the twin otter 100 passenger edition, some miles before lukla airport. lets say i tried 10 times, only 1 time it didnt happened. as i have told you it happened also one time when i was flying with the pmdg 747 but to heathrow airport, but not close to it. i was around over slovenia to austria i think. maybe it was accidentaly. but if i uninstall lukla airport i never have any problems.

i found the errors that day and the most important details are: 

source application error

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

so is not the same like the terrain.dll i get almost all the time when i fly over lukla

ps. i use active sky and ultimate traffic live but to replicate the problem and be 100% sure i dont use them the time i make these example flights. i have an older computer (2010) and if we dont find a solution i will install there fsx with lukla and twin otter to see what happens.

walter, i have them all left to low , even 0 traffic :( the texture is at 1024 size. the hardware is i7 8700 at 4.3ghz (max 82c, usually 60-70 while flying) (not overclocked), 1060 6gb, i use 2 nvme hdd, 32gb memory. i have an msi motherboard and i use the utility to watch the temperature, memory, cpu while i get the ctd. but nothing strange that moment.

when i remove lukla scenery, everything is fine. and of course when i move the sliders to the left with 4096 texture size. there is no problem.

i use also x plane 11 with full graphics settings and flight factor a320 plane, without any problems.

i forgot to mention that i use the navigraph system with latest cycle.

• Aerosoft

We discussed it and we simply have no idea. The scenery is not loaded when you are not in the neighbourhood so crashing around London simply can't be connected to the Lukla scenery under any logical reason. I fear this is one of these occasions where we can only say that it happens at no other customer so it has to be something local on your system.

yes this is what i also think :) but what about lukla? that 9 out of 10 times i have crashes? even without using the gps? do you have any idea what that could be so the developers can fix it? 

thanks

good morning everybody !!

as data63 mentioned, i checked my scenery library and i found 3 entries that i removed.

1. everest scenery by frank deinese

2. kathmantu freeware airport

3. freemeshx

unfortunately again i had crashes but this time not the terrain.dll i had all the other times, but the ucrtbase.dll.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832c
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0xe71e5dfe
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006b79e
Faulting process id: 0x1cc8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3db8458525630
Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: db33484b-4dd1-4df2-a067-516528458b8a
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

any ideas what that could be?

• Deputy Sheriffs

ucrtbase.dll is not related to the scenery or even P3D, but a core Windows file. Reasons for this crash are in most cases corrupt/wrong/outdated system files.

When you enter in Google "p3d ucrtbase.dll" you'll find lot of posts with various solutions.

hi mopperle. yes i googled it around but almost all of them mention that this error is caused by an incompatible or outdated add on for p3d. when i uninstall lukla, i have no problems at all.

ucrtbase.dll ctd occurs only when i have lukla alone. when i use other mesh, like freemeshx then again i have crash but this time with the terrain.dll as i mentioned above. thats a strange case i think

Mathijs, it appears near to lukla. sorry for my english if i didnt explain something right. im talking about lukla and only that :) if you have a google map it appears around budhakunda. after i pass it, 99% i will get a crash. 

the strange is when i have the freemeshx i get a terrain.dll crash. if i dont have it, i get the ucrtbase.dll crash.

if i uninstall lukla, i get no crash at all at the region there.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, thenikos said:

...i read at the forum that the gps has problem with lukla so i stopped using it. but the crashes continue. but as long as lukla is installed, i have crashes also far away from lukla airport. for example i was flying with pmdg 747 v3 to aerosoft heathrow and i had 2-3 times crash to desktop. when i uninstall Lukla, everything is fine !!!. any ideas pls?...

A portion of your original post is above. Do you still get Crashes to Desktop (CTD) with Lukla installed and at airports far away? Or are the CTD only "around budhakunda"?

Also, have you tried turning "Crash detection" off in the sim and does that have any effect?

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Hermann: Crash detetction got nothing to do with this. Just checked it. I got the same problem with Lukla. E.g. when taking off at Kathmandu and getting closer to Lukla, P3D crashes.

herman, i have crash detection off anyways :) i never used it to on.

no at the airports far away i just had it 2 times in my life and i think it was accidental.

i just have it always around lukla, even if i dont use the gps.

Archived