DC8 Smoke

richboy2307

Hi,

So I noticed in the aircraft.cfg that there is a DC8_smoke.fx file being called to produce the smoke, however I am unable to find such a file in the "effects" folder of either the Aerosoft DC8 or P3D v4.

Could it be this file was missed in the installer? Would explain the lack of black smoke if thats the case. xD 

Please login to display this image.

Effects are referenced in add-on.xml in the Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft DC-8.

See this post for more information about where the files are located: 

28 minutes ago, Max Dyba said:

Effects are referenced in add-on.xml in the Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft DC-8.

See this post for more information about where the files are located: 

yep i have the same problem and is the exact folder that Richboy is showing in his screenshot. it seems that there is a general problem with the effects in this addon, so let's wait for the first updates, aerosoft is a king on providing support and updates quicly.

• Developer

:banghead1_s:

Forgot to get the smoke file out of my P3D folder and into the Aerosoft DC8 one.  It will be added in an update.

In the meantime, here is a link to the file. Find your Aerosoft DC8 folder which contains an Effects folder.  Put the file into the Effects folder

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LtkNlincXiBem04EmZpCBVjmoTEjeZt-

• Developer

I should add that that there are two smoke effects.  One aliases the F-16 smoke effect.  That is probably the one use for takeoff.

The other one is more subtle and you will see it on approach. That I believe is the missing file linked above. 

Question: does the academic version of P3D have the F-16?.

3 minutes ago, Michael2 said:

I should add that that there are two smoke effects.  One aliases the F-16 smoke effect.  That is probably the one use for takeoff.

The other one is more subtle and you will see it on approach. That I believe is the missing file linked above. 

Question: does the academic version of P3D have the F-16?.

Yup, mine does.

• Developer

Even with the missing file, you should still get smoke at takeoff like in Max's screenshot.  Do you some of you not have that?  To see it clearly, rotate the view so you have the sky for a background.

Just now, Michael2 said:

Even with the missing file, you should still get smoke at takeoff like in Max's screenshot.  Do you some of you not have that?  To see it clearly, rotate the view so you have the sky for a background.

actually, I have not see the takeoff process out of the cockpit,  what I can say is that I have seen the plane on climbing at 5000 ft with engines set with a lot of power and I was expecting to see the smoke and I

didn't see any smoke. Just in hi cruising levels.  I will see the takeoff process replay on my next flight and post it if don't see it.

30 minutes ago, Michael2 said:

Forgot to get the smoke file out of my P3D folder and into the Aerosoft DC8 one.  It will be added in an update.

Whoopsies. Glad its just not something messed up on my end (coz those problems are hard to fix).

Added the linked file and definitely see smoke now in climb/cruise.

Guess we can count this as resolved now? :P 

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Eduard Gasull said:

Thats what i was expecting  to see. So with the effect michael posted we add it to the effect folder of the DC-8 right?

Affirm. Just need to add that in there and all good to go.

Archived