Nav lights Bug or issue

Eduard Gasull

The plane is cold and dark. (PD note that this airport does not have Dynamic lights even is not designed for P3DV4).

no lights switch is on, all set to off.

Please login to display this image.

But Nav lights still ON. And NAV on/off  button seems don't change anything.

And NAV on/off  button seems don't change anything. in this other situation

as you can see nav button is ON  but navs are off

• Developer

If you are loading from some other aircraft with the nav lights off, or you have a cold and dark default flight, you may have a problem like this.  You should also wait more than 15 seconds after loading the DC-8 before doing flipping any switches.  The state of the switch and the nav light variable are synchronised 15 seconds after loading.  It's delayed to give the engines time to spool up so there is electrical power; otherwise the switch and the light can get out of sync.

I will tweak the code to allow for all possible nav light state when the aircraft loads, but in the meantime it should be easy to avoid the problem.

Nop, i dont have cold and dark default flight and i load the DC8 directly from the menú.(not first a default) I Stage the flight with DC8 with engines running as all my planes and put it in to cold and dark vía their own options as DC8 has.

On 4/16/2018 at 5:41 PM, Michael2 said:

If you are loading from some other aircraft with the nav lights off, or you have a cold and dark default flight, you may have a problem like this.  You should also wait more than 15 seconds after loading the DC-8 before doing flipping any switches.  The state of the switch and the nav light variable are synchronised 15 seconds after loading.  It's delayed to give the engines time to spool up so there is electrical power; otherwise the switch and the light can get out of sync.

I will tweak the code to allow for all possible nav light state when the aircraft loads, but in the meantime it should be easy to avoid the problem.

Michael,

if it could potentially affect the proper loading, you should perhaps consider adding a countdown timer at initial loading as a reminder.

I noticed that FSCaptain (a 3rd party add-on) thinks that the Nav light is on when it is off and vice versa. I.e., it recognizes the light, but interprets it the wrong way. Could it be that the variable is not set correctly?

Peter

• Developer

It's set up so that the switch and the visible state of the light coincide. I have no experience with FS Captain, so I can't comment on that. 

FSCaptain monitors a variety of aircraft variables, so that it can determine whether you fly the plane according to the book. For instance, it monitors whether the Nav light is on when the aircraft is powered. For most aircraft, the standard Nav light signal in FSX/P3D suffices for this task. In some aircraft, the Nav light is implemented in a non-standard way and cannot be monitored. For the DC-8, the standard signal is recognized, but it has the opposite meaning (FSCaptain sees it as "on" when the switch is in the "off" position and vice versa. I simply was wondering whether this observation may explain some of the issues that other users reported.

Best,

Peter

• 6 months later...

I have created a work-around solution for the lights-sim-variable problems of the aerosoft DC-8.

Download it here: https://www.arrowcargovirtual.com/PeteFly82/PublishedMods/AS_DC8-50_Mod_LightVariables_v1.zip

The following lights-sim-variables are working now:

- Position-Lights

- Strobe-Lights

- Beacon-Lights

- Taxi-Lights

- Landing-Lights

Best regards,

PeteFly82

Archived